Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Gazi

NASCAR has announced that the displaying of the Confederate flag will be prohibited from all their events and properties.

45 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

@CatTower just curious does a noose only have power if you give it power?

• Pie 1

Anyone who's halfway mindful of appearances and is paying attention to current events would've reported that as a noose

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

what the ever living poo WHY DIDN'T THIS GET RELEASED IMMEDIATELY. 

how could anyone call this an overreaction what the ever living fug.

My thoughts exactly. 

It's ridiculous that the photo didn't get released immediately while racists attacked Bubba Wallace. Those same people are no where to be found now.

• Pie 2

People calling him Jussie or being smug and taking digs at "the media agenda" unironically tells on themselves. 

Same as anyone decrying the protesters this summer after seeing video of the police. At this point you have no defense and are just living in that Sunken Place parallel universe where Trump is a good president

• Pie 2

Just now, Cookie Lyon said:

My thoughts exactly. 

It's ridiculous that the photo didn't get released immediately while racists attacked Bubba Wallace. Those same people are no where to be found now.

NASCAR did a lot right with this so it is hard for me to be too critical but that image needed to be out ASAP when the FBI findings were released.  Because:

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Anyone who's halfway mindful of appearances and is paying attention to current events would've reported that as a noose

this is 100% right.  this was 100% the right reaction and perhaps NASCAR could have chosen some words differently but if they had done nothing and it had been a real threat, who knows where this goes.  the worst thing that happened is that the stupidly-large noose-loving portion of our country feels deeply offended that NASCAR thought they might use the nooses they love to fashion or some garbage. what the fug.

• Pie 1

The rebel flag waving racists are just bitter they can't dictate popular discourse and opinion. Plus they're wrong

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

The rebel flag waving racists are just bitter they can't dictate popular discourse and opinion. Plus they're wrong

incredibly wrong.  nobody in their right mind looks at that noose and goes "ayup, I tie those knots in my garage all the time."

Even if that's not a noose, if you see that noose looking noose hanging in the black driver's garage and no one else's you at least wonder why, right? I mean, you'd ask someone

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Even if that's not a noose, if you see that noose looking noose hanging in the black driver's garage and no one else's you at least wonder why, right? I mean, you'd ask someone

right but the whole "well the knot was just old and tied poorly etc" argument is clearly 100% bullshit.

edit: and I agree that even if it wasn't a "real noose" - which it clearly is - it needed to be looked into.

Edited by mav1234

And this is just a COVID mask....

image.jpeg.8c256c7dd081b9434114063e95468f9d.jpeg

Not a hate crime, myfugingass. 

50 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

They're also the same kind of people who screech about how businesses should be allowed to turn people away for any reason because "the market" will punish racists, homophobes, etc.

In their fantasy world isn't what's happening with NASCAR exactly how it's supposed to work?  A commercial entity decided to change something based on pressure from society, but they're all pissed over it.

1 hour ago, Gazi said:

Yep. That's what I figured it looked like. The knot at the top prevents the noose from closing.

Like I said earlier, while not extremely common, they're also far from rare, & again a bowline would serve the same purpose & take far less time to tie. Considering the hate he was getting, NASCAR absolutely made the right move, & the people crying that it was a "hoax" & NASCAR overreacted look stupid as hell now.

As a bonus, get ready for the "muh heritage" crowd to get pedantic as poo by pointing out that's not a "noose" since it doesn't close.

13 minutes ago, 332nd said:

Yep. That's what I figured it looked like. The knot at the top prevents the noose from closing.

Like I said earlier, while not extremely common, they're also far from rare, & again a bowline would serve the same purpose & take far less time to tie. Considering the hate he was getting, NASCAR absolutely made the right move, & the people crying that it was a "hoax" & NASCAR overreacted look stupid as hell now.

As a bonus, get ready for the "muh heritage" crowd to get pedantic as poo by pointing out that's not a "noose" since it doesn't close.

Plenty of lynchings in this country took place with something besides a perfectly knotted noose. Most of the fugging morons involved couldn't tie their own shoes, let alone a noose.

But, just like a birthday present, the fugging gift doesn't matter- it's the thought that counts.

• Pie 2