Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Gazi

NASCAR has announced that the displaying of the Confederate flag will be prohibited from all their events and properties.

Still never going to watch the left turn exhibition but NASCAR is earning a shitload of respect.

• Flames 1

Neo-Nazis and the KKK use that flag all the time.  If it were really about southern pride and not racism they should have told them to stop using it!  But they never did and never cared to.   

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Inimicus said:

Still never going to watch the left turn exhibition but NASCAR is earning a shitload of respect.

This is pretty much where I am. Never found the sport's action to be my cup of tea, but you won't catch me poking fun at it anymore after this. Might be easy for people with outdated thinking or ambivalence to ignore or dismiss African American athletes speaking out in their own mind, but if they are NASCAR fans they are gonna have to confront pretty much their entire sport saying in no uncertain terms where they stand. Hoping this will get some folks to reexamine their attitudes.

Trump's comment during the Monday night interview on Fox News:

"So you have to understand history and you have to understand the culture and so many other aspects of our country," Trump said in a clip of the interview released Tuesday morning.
"And people can study that and they can hate it and let's all hate it. But you can't take down George Washington's statue, and half of our country is named after Washington. You can't do it. You have to remember the heritage that -- the culture of our country," Trump continued.
----------------------------------
And there, ladies and gentlemen, is where the problem is.

I would like to hear Trump try to explain what culture and history he thinks is celebrated by waving a Confederate flag.

wow

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nascar/news/bubba-wallace-noose-mike-skinner/tl4wwe3qo3ih1k3jmrf64w62w

from the son of a former driver:

Frankly I wish they would've tied [the noose] to [Wallace] and drug him around the pits because he has single handedly destroyed what I grew up watching and cared about for 30 years now.

tells you all you need to know about why this fughead loved and cared about the sport.

9 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Still no news about what the cameras picked up? That's going to be theater.

what do you mean?

17 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

what do you mean?

They said on the news there are surveillance cameras all over. The FBI is investigating right now so we might have to wait until they are done. But by theater, I mean it will be entertaining to see the culprit sneaking in and placing it and then finding out who it is.

The race yesterday was fantastic 

back to back Sat/ Sun this weekend in Pocono

give it a try

PS: the Golf tourney in Hilton Head was fantastic as well

sports are happening

12 minutes ago, bull123 said:

The race yesterday was fantastic 

back to back Sat/ Sun this weekend in Pocono

give it a try

PS: the Golf tourney in Hilton Head was fantastic as well

sports are happening

They aren’t sports bull. They are games. 

On 6/22/2020 at 11:43 AM, 4Corners said:

More disgusting and trouble news from Nascar regarding Bubba Wallace. NASCAR should cancel the race today and send everyone back home as a statement. 

total hoax, I love you rush to be a white knight

29 minutes ago, MurkN said:

its not a noose but a garage door pull down.  Nascar looks like a bunch of fools.  Why make a big deal before simply investigating it?

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

its not a noose but a garage door pull down.  Nascar looks like a bunch of fools.  Why make a big deal before simply investigating it?

To pull some snakes out the grass? Like the failed driver who said he should be drug around the track by it for ruining NASCAR.