Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Gazi

NASCAR has announced that the displaying of the Confederate flag will be prohibited from all their events and properties.

10 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

The FBI is lying. They are covering up a hate crime because they are racists and part of the white power movement secretly running the USA. 

Fixed it for you, Philip. 

37 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i for one believe the FBI

Meh,. I can believe it. I've seen places all across the country use a noose loop as a pull down instead of a farmer's loop, bowline, etc... (Granted one has to wonder why they would go for the more complex.) 

Plus I imagine his folk are hyperventilate what with the hatred he's been getting. Easy to misidentify knots if you're not familiar with them.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, 332nd said:

Meh,. I can believe it. I've seen places all across the country use a noose loop as a pull down instead of a farmer's loop, bowline, etc... (Granted one has to wonder why they would go for the more complex.) 

Plus I imagine his folk are hyperventilate what with the hatred he's been getting. Easy to misidentify knots if you're not familiar with them.

The question is was it even a full hangman’s or was it just one of the above(You mentioned) or a two half. That over time ended up looking like a full hangman’s to an untrained eye.

i find it really hard anyone that works on race cars for a living wouldn’t know what a knot was so I’m assuming it was a PR or lesser crew member. Apparently, he never saw it himself. 

Edited by Harbingers

Love seeing all the racists gloat about this on Twitter as if this is a victory for them. This is NOT the Jussie Smollett situation. What I find strange is that the FBI is claiming that the rope was there since 2019 as if the length of time it was there makes it not a hate crime. They're admitting that it does look like a noose. 

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

total hoax, I love you rush to be a white knight

a hoax would mean there was no noose. there was a noose, it was just being used as a door pull.

• Pie 2

43 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

The question is was it even a full hangman’s or was it just one of the above(You mentioned) or a two half. That over time ended up looking like a full hangman’s to an untrained eye.

i find it really hard anyone that works on race cars for a living wouldn’t know what a knot was so I’m assuming it was a PR or lesser crew member. Apparently, he never saw it himself. 

Nooses for lynching weren't often hangman's nooses. They were made to strangle rather than break the neck.

Since the noose was there since October 2019, that makes everything okay? Why was it tied like a noose? 

• Pie 1

And we're supposed to believe Trump's FBI? 

9 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Since the noose was there since October 2019, that makes everything okay? Why was it tied like a noose? 

Exactly.

Like I said, I've seen them all over the country in various theater spaces. A bowline does the same job, yet takes about 3 seconds to tie whereas a noose ( a variation of a slipknot.) takes 20 & if done incorrectly will close on your hand.

So why?

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 332nd said:

Exactly.

Like I said, I've seen them all over the country in various theater spaces. A bowline does the same job, yet takes about 3 seconds to tie whereas a noose ( a variation of a slipknot.) takes 20 & if done incorrectly will close on your hand.

So why?

^ truth. A bowline that hasn’t been changed for a year with heavy use will look like a hangman’s/slip knot(for clarity a noose, I don’t disagree with your take on that either) to most people though. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

total hoax, I love you rush to be a white knight

Not a hoax.  Just a noose not intended for Bubba Wallace's team.  Still weird. 

Just now, mav1234 said:

Not a hoax.  Just a noose not intended for Bubba Wallace's team.  Still weird. 

it wasnt a noose, it was a pull knot

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Cookie Lyon said:

If Bubba had not had that garage, and a white driver had, and someone pointed it out would it even make the news? No. So that answers your question. It's just a noose. Use in multiple ways throughout history. Just unfortunate Bubba ended up in that garage why because of his race, it is a story. Or was.

Watching now. Bubba Wallace is upset at the stupid racist trolls claiming this was a hoax. I stand with you Bubba.

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

^ truth. A bowline that hasn’t been changed for a year with heavy use will look like a hangman’s/slip knot(for clarity a noose, I don’t disagree with your take on that either) to most people though. 

(I'm sorry, I wasn't being clear & I'm about to be pedantic...)

That's a running bowline. A 

A noose, by definition, has to slip. A (standard) bowline has a fixed eye. 

The trap I'm falling into is I'm equating a noose with a fixed hangman's knot. When I say I've seen these all over the country, I'm referring to a knot, with a fixed eye, that most people would call a noose. 

If that's what's on the door, then it's fugged up.

If it's a fixed bowline, we can chalk that up to ignorance of whomever discovered it, plus the hyper-vigilance I mentioned. 

A running bowline could go to ignorance on whomever installed it.

A fixed hangman's knot is a dick move.