Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Gazi

NASCAR has announced that the displaying of the Confederate flag will be prohibited from all their events and properties.

6 hours ago, CatTower said:

I just want to know what they're putting in the water to make everyone all emotional.  Is this just a reaction to people thinking society is collapsing due to the covid?  It's actually depressing how much this country wants to put everyone in a corner.

Bro I've been in gameday threads with you.  You're one of the most ridiculous, whiniest people on this entire site.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Maybe I am wrong but I believe he said last night he didnt see it and hasnt see it.  I will rewatch that lemon interview

He said he saw an image of it not the actual "noose".

8 hours ago, motocross_cat said:

I worked in manufacturing for 8 years.  Those knots are used for all kinds of purposes and they can look more bull or noose depending on who tied it and in how much of a hurry it was done.  It was not intentionally done to send a message IMO.

Still good on how literally everyone but the usual dickheads on how it was handled.

A noose is a very distinct knot. No one is mistaking it for a bull knot. It's also a slip knot, which makes it kind of pointless to use as a garage door pull. Why the hell would you want a knot that would tighten on your hand every time you pull the garage door down?

It was tied onto that garage pull intentionally, not for Bubba Wallace, but with the same intent. 

10 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

You do know nooses have appeared all over history right?

We both know the connotation they hold in the south, particularly the deep south. You're being deliberately obtuse. 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Harbingers said:

^ truth. A bowline that hasn’t been changed for a year with heavy use will look like a hangman’s/slip knot(for clarity a noose, I don’t disagree with your take on that either) to most people though. 

Show me a picture of a heavily used bowline knot that looks like a proper hangman's knot. A hangman's knot has 6-8 inches of coiled rope above the loop, giving it a very distinct appearance unlike any other knot.

If you tied a fixed hangman's knot, the kind you'd need to be able to pull on it without it closing on your hand, there'd be no other reason to use that particular knot than for the appearance of a noose. If you're tying a proper hangman's knot, it would close at least partially on your hand whenever you tried to pull the door down, so again, the appearance of the knot is the point. You can look at the picture that's making the rounds on twitter and despite it being a bit grainy, you can clearly make out the thicker section of coiled rope directly above the loop. Whether it was a fixed or slip knot, it was intentionally made to look like a noose. So why would someone do that? 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Show me a picture of a heavily used bowline knot that looks like a proper hangman's knot. A hangman's knot has 6-8 inches of coiled rope above the loop, giving it a very distinct appearance unlike any other knot.

If you tied a fixed hangman's knot, the kind you'd need to be able to pull on it without it closing on your hand, there'd be no other reason to use that particular knot than for the appearance of a noose. If you're tying a proper hangman's knot, it would close at least partially on your hand whenever you tried to pull the door down, so again, the appearance of the knot is the point. You can look at the picture that's making the rounds on twitter and despite it being a bit grainy, you can clearly make out the thicker section of coiled rope directly above the loop. Whether it was a fixed or slip knot, it was intentionally made to look like a noose. So why would someone do that? 

I’m not saying a bowline would look the same to a trained eye. I’m saying to an untrained eye. Someone sees a mass of knot and a loop and goes oh! Noose!

and I agree except for the Intentional part this far. That said It looks like a Miniature hangman’s in my opinion if you read further. 

However, It could have easily have been a joke by the pit crew on a Rookie so it did close on his hand the first time he pulled it and nobody ever changed it. I’m not dismissing it could have been intentional back in 2019 with more sinister purposes. It’s all purely speculation right now. 

But ya In my opinion it looks like a proper hangman’s.

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’m not saying a bowline would look the same to a trained eye. I’m saying to an untrained eye. Someone sees a mass of knot and a loop and goes oh! Noose!

and I agree except for the Intentional part this far. That said It looks like a Miniature hangman’s in my opinion if you read further. 

However, It could have easily have been a joke by the pit crew on a Rookie so it did close on his hand the first time he pulled it and nobody ever changed it. I’m not dismissing it could have been intentional back in 2019 with more sinister purposes. It’s all purely speculation right now. 

But ya In my opinion it looks like a proper hangman’s.

Come on, man! If you're tying a slip knot on a pull cord as a joke, there are multiple other, simpler, less distinct knots to tie than a hangman's noose. I highly doubt it was tied with the direct intent to intimidate anyone in particular, but similar to hanging a confederate flag above your toolbox, it conveys a message about who was in the garage and what they're about. 

• Pie 2

Racists and right wingers are having a field day with this. SeEe WeE RnT RaCiST cRYbABy LiBRuLs 

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Racists and right wingers are having a field day with this. SeEe WeE RnT RaCiST cRYbABy LiBRuLs 

Totally ignoring the failed driver that said he should be drug around the track by the noose, & got a bunch of likes.

36 minutes ago, 332nd said:

Totally ignoring the failed driver that said he should be drug around the track by the noose, & got a bunch of likes.

I mean it’s basically a bunch of journo wannabees like Clay Travis taking a victory lap that this just ended up being a very odd coincidence and basically tiptoeing around of just blatantly saying this was a Jesse Smollet thing all over. A lot of these white people need to dive head first into the uncomfortableness of race to grow. 

13 hours ago, CatTower said:

I just want to know what they're putting in the water to make everyone all emotional.  Is this just a reaction to people thinking society is collapsing due to the covid?  It's actually depressing how much this country wants to put everyone in a corner.

You're only saying this because black people are protesting, you're not subtle at all, crypto

1 hour ago, ImaginaryKev said:

You're only saying this because black people are protesting, you're not subtle at all, crypto

This the same clown that said the N-word wasn’t offensive and people need to “get over it” on the main board. 

Dude’s a racist.

7 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

We both know the connotation they hold in the south, particularly the deep south. You're being deliberately obtuse. 

Thank you. 

• Pie 1

Trying to turn this into a Jesse Smollett type thing is actively ignoring and excusing the use of what has come to represent a symbol of racial injustice.

Its like trying to convince people the the swastika was once a symbol of good luck.

Whoever tied that noose (and for you knot forensic analysts out there - IT DOESN'T fuging MATTER) did so as an expression of hate even thought that wasn't directed explicitly at Bubba.

Its like burning a cross in your own field.  You cant claim that isn't an expression of hate because it was on a white mans land.

2 hours ago, rico6 said:

This the same clown that said the N-word wasn’t offensive and people need to “get over it” on the main board. 

Dude’s a racist.

Lol throwing accusations like that without proof.  Not surprised you want to belittle me to feed your ego.  Carry on.

3 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Did I say only black people are being emotional?  Your sounding a little racist there bud.