Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

I am more excited for this season than I was last season.

most excited I have been in a longggg time. i love all the changes. 

People faking they don't follow long time franchise icons just to hate on Cam. Wild. 

• Flames 1

I would be way more excited if Carolina wouldn’t have got rid of Cam Newton just to sign Teddy Bridgewater.  Teddy Bridgewater doesn’t make me excited. I’m still watching the games but this is the least excited I’ve been since becoming a Panthers fan. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Green_Tea said:

I would be way more excited if Carolina wouldn’t have got rid of Cam Newton just to sign Teddy Bridgewater.  Teddy Bridgewater doesn’t make me excited. I’m still watching the games but this is the least excited I’ve been since becoming a Panthers fan. 

It looks like a “rebuilding” year or a transitional year In which management is good with winning 5-7 games and draft like 10th overall. Not gonna cut it. Embrace the suck and let’s get the first or second overall pick. 

Edited by 4Corners

To be honest I was really excited last year for cam. He was talking about working on mechanics and all the right things he ignored for years. Looked 2015 form, spreading the ball around and taking what the defense gave him at the beginning of 2018, so I was extremely excited for last year while still being concerned the shoulder would hold up.

But I see why the Panthers moved on contract wise, future and time wise plus the injuries. It was time.

And it was past time for Rivera. He should’ve been gone earlier.

I am more excited for changes made but can’t say I’m more excited for this season. It will be a season of growth and learning curves. I just want the team to show promise. That’s all. I think everyone should keep expectations realistic.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, frash.exe said:

no there weren’t lol

That’s fair lol. That 4 game run was nice. 

The constant 12-4 to 7-9 killed my hype for future panther seasons. This total new staff is rather "meh" at best too, especially all the Baylor Bros. Neither OC or DC has called a NFL play, Rhule has only been a HC since 2011(at powerhouses Temple and Baylor), panthers lost about 90% of the leadership and stats in one year, and 19 BS. 

3-13 with lots of pain....the bad type.  

Posted (edited)

This season is going to suck, not looking forward to it at all. No Ron, Cam, Olsen, Luke, Davis, etc. Completely new staff, new players, and probably no fans. It's going to be so weird. At least if we had Cam then it would be a little bit better, but I guess Teddy won't be so bad. I'll give him a chance, but it's going to take me some time to get over Cam. 

Edited by Xtreme

I want be excited until Hurney is fired. 

Ron isn’t smart enough to compete with the best, the change had to be made.   I loved the draft and where the franchise is heading. 

I trust more in PJ than in Teddy.   This will be the big question this season.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:29 AM, frash.exe said:

that’s really funny bc i don’t remember seeing a lot of ppl disillusioned about the franchise and begging for change besides me and a few others last summer

everybody here was drinking kool aid and acting like the panthers just pulled off the best offseason in the entire league in 2019

I called for firing Rivera the day he benched cam not wearing a tie 

I'm excited if we suck this season

On 6/17/2020 at 7:40 PM, 4Corners said:

It looks like a “rebuilding” year or a transitional year In which management is good with winning 5-7 games and draft like 10th overall. Not gonna cut it. Embrace the suck and let’s get the first or second overall pick. 

I don’t recall you being on my top pick bandwagon but welcome aboard. I hate that we are going to give Teddy, Robbie and Kawann $90M for two years and lost a 3rd and 4th/5th round comp picks as well. Not only will we have a tougher time getting Lawrence, Fields or Lance, we gave up what could be two draft picks at say interior OL and the top FAs in those QBs 2nd or 3rd years. If we embraced the suck and went for it, we’d have a franchise QB, two more young talents on OL and the top two FAs in 2023 when Brady and Brees retire and Ryan is 37.

Nah, I’d rather feel great about getting to 7-9 and have none of that in 2023. SMH. So easy.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I don’t recall you being on my top pick bandwagon but welcome aboard. I hate that we are going to give Teddy, Robbie and Kawann $90M for two years and lost a 3rd and 4th/5th round comp picks as well. Not only will we have a tougher time getting Lawrence, Fields or Lance, we gave up what could be two draft picks at say interior OL and the top FAs in those QBs 2nd or 3rd years. If we embraced the suck and went for it, we’d have a franchise QB, two more young talents on OL and the top two FAs in 2023 when Brady and Brees retire and Ryan is 37.

Nah, I’d rather feel great about getting to 7-9 and have none of that in 2023. SMH. So easy.

I get so frustrated with the dumbest ever response to this notion.

"We don't even know if Sunshine will be good or not in the NFL."

Or the even dumber, "Tua was consensus number 1 overall pick, the Dolphins didn't tank and still got him."

It's not about one player, it's about the power and options that open up if you have that 1st or 2nd pick.  If the franchise guy is there, you can take him, if you don't think he's the guy and other teams do, make them pay out the ass.

This is all about leverage, and the 8th pick ain't got any.

Not to mention wasting all of this cap space on 5-11, just a dumb move overall.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

I get so frustrated with the dumbest ever response to this notion.

"We don't even know if Sunshine will be good or not in the NFL."

Or the even dumber, "Tua was consensus number 1 overall pick, the Dolphins didn't tank and still got him."

It's not about one player, it's about the power and options that open up if you have that 1st or 2nd pick.  If the franchise guy is there, you can take him, if you don't think he's the guy and other teams do, make them pay out the ass.

This is all about leverage, and the 8th pick ain't got any.

Not to mention wasting all of this cap space on 5-11, just a dumb move overall.

I would prefer to never pick in the top 5 of the draft because we are a well oiled machine, crush it in the draft, crush it in free agency and have a clear set of goals we are trying to achieve.

Unfortunately, we aren't that franchise. Once we gutted the bulk of the talent on the roster, now we are just left with trying to piece together a team from spare parts. So those top 5 draft picks can be cornerstone/franchise players.

Since we clearly leaned so hard into being a bad roster, it isn't really going to make a lot of sense to crank out 5-8 wins and be back where we started before this whole process.

• Pie 2