Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
thennek

NFL network: Panthers at Patriots 2017 - Playing now

Great game playing now. Nice seeing Peppers, Cam, Luke, Star, and etc playing. 

• Pie 2

One of Cams best games ever

saints beat us 3 times that year

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Not trying to take your shine @thennek, but after the game, they're going to air an episode of Sound FX with Cam mic'd up. Tune in everyone if you can.

• Pie 1

If only Funchess could time a jump or didn't "lose the ball in the lights", 2017 might've ended so much better. 

• Pie 6

18 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

If only Funchess could time a jump or didn't "lose the ball in the lights", 2017 might've ended so much better. 

Right. I still say if Funchess catches that ball (which he should have), then I fully expected that 2017 team to get back to the Super Bowl. It was amazing what Cam was able to do in that game with the scrub receivers available to him. I can’t even remember the name of the guy who dropped an easy TD pass on the 1st qtr of that game. Nvm, Kaelin Clay. Clay didn’t really see anymore action from any other team beyond that season.

• Pie 5

3 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Right. I still say if Funchess catches that ball (which he should have), then I fully expected that 2017 team to get back to the Super Bowl. It was amazing what Cam was able to do in that game with the scrub receivers available to him. I can’t even remember the name of the guy who dropped an easy TD pass on the 1st qtr of that game. Nvm, Kaelin Clay. Clay didn’t really see anymore action from any other team beyond that season.

Perfect example of the kind of game Cam never got enough credit for. Fall behind 21-6 on the road in NO, with no ground game beyond an over the hill JStew and never used CMC, with Funch, Clay, and Bersin the top 3 WRs against a good Saints D.  CMC had his huge catch and run and Olsen was his usual self, but Cam damn near willed the team to the win and arguably out-dueled Brees in his house in the playoffs.  Not to mention the shoulder was becoming a potential issue by this point.  A legit WR on the team that year and competent offensive coaching could've led to great things. 

• Pie 5

I just turned on the tv no game is playin,  this thread is full of lies. 

4 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

I just turned on the tv no game is playin,  this thread is full of lies. 

Try adjusting the metal close hanger a little to right 

On 6/30/2020 at 9:03 PM, CarolinaNCSU said:

Perfect example of the kind of game Cam never got enough credit for. Fall behind 21-6 on the road in NO, with no ground game beyond an over the hill JStew and never used CMC, with Funch, Clay, and Bersin the top 3 WRs against a good Saints D.  CMC had his huge catch and run and Olsen was his usual self, but Cam damn near willed the team to the win and arguably out-dueled Brees in his house in the playoffs.  Not to mention the shoulder was becoming a potential issue by this point.  A legit WR on the team that year and competent offensive coaching could've led to great things. 

Cam showed that he didn't need a true #1 WR. The front office decided we needed to use resources for a top tier receiving threat, while Cam showed us time and time again that he needed a competent offensive line first and could make due with a bunch of JAG receivers. Give him a burner to keep the defense honest (even if he dropped the ball 50% of the time) and sure handed WRs/TEs. Iffy handed guys were quickly exposed by Cam and that cannon on his right shoulder. 

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

Just turned on the NFL network no game on

Ha well I’m not surprised.  This was posted back in June.