Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Hotsauce

My understanding is PSLs have been really hard to sell

I have a couple of friends who have been trying to sell their PSLs since last year, offering a discount of up to 50% off what they paid/worth. No luck. 

• Pie 1

Yep, the moment Tepper mentioned a new stadium, the value of PSLs went to crap.  Nobody wants to buy them knowing in 5-10 years they are worthless.  

• Pie 1

PSL’s are always harder to sell after a losing year .... no one wants to pay to watch a bad team

• Beer 1

Who knows if fans will be allowed to attend games or if there will even be a season this year? PSLs are really a rip-off anyway, when the team owners get to decide the meaning of "permanent"..

• Pie 6

the only value PSLs offer is a chance to be first in line to overpay at the new stadium.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

They are basically dookie flavored lollipops at this point. They exist but it's really hard to get rid of them. I wonder if you could even sell them at almost free prices at this point. Bad team, an owner publicly campaigning for a new stadium and Rona fugging up everything is a kiss of death for any value from PSLs. The last window for a possible sale probably came from the seat taking earlier this offseason. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

You’re better off just buying individual games on one of the resale websites. A guy I know had all the major sports tickets here in Boston (Pats, Celtics, Bruins and Red Sox) for business and was telling me about how he calculated out that he could’ve bought the same number of tickets in the same sections for every single game for like 2/3 the total price he was paying for the season tickets if he just bought them individually resale. Bruins and Celtics were especially a rip-off because a lot of the money he was paying was for “membership” not the tickets themselves so not only were tickets often available for less than face value resale (and with successful teams....) but he was paying a premium on top of that pretty much just to ensure he got the same seats every game.... I couldn’t believe it especially with the insane fees that the resale websites charge. He wound up only keeping the Pats tickets since it’s so hard to get season tickets for them (though I anticipate that’ll change soon when they suck again).

16 minutes ago, t96 said:

You’re better off just buying individual games on one of the resale websites. A guy I know had all the major sports tickets here in Boston (Pats, Celtics, Bruins and Red Sox) for business and was telling me about how he calculated out that he could’ve bought the same number of tickets in the same sections for every single game for like 2/3 the total price he was paying for the season tickets if he just bought them individually resale. Bruins and Celtics were especially a rip-off because a lot of the money he was paying was for “membership” not the tickets themselves so not only were tickets often available for less than face value resale (and with successful teams....) but he was paying a premium on top of that pretty much just to ensure he got the same seats every game.... I couldn’t believe it especially with the insane fees that the resale websites charge. He wound up only keeping the Pats tickets since it’s so hard to get season tickets for them (though I anticipate that’ll change soon when they suck again).

That’s why I’ve never bought season tickets. I’ve never had the availability to attend enough games to justify the cost, but moreover, I’d rather pay a premium and just ball out at a few every year. 

I can't imagine why. I would think that PSLs for a bad team amidst a pandemic when the upcoming season is very much in doubt while the new owner is pounding the drum for a new stadium would be in really high demand.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • The D 1

I have a feeling the NFL is going to be so WOKE many people have lost interest and you know its going to be over the top this year..

• Beer 4

3 minutes ago, dave-o said:

I have a feeling the NFL is going to be so WOKE many people have lost interest and you know its going to be over the top this year..

Yeah we definitely haven't been hearing that for four years now

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Yep, at this point, they're pretty worthless, except for the cool sticker you get every year, I guess.  I'm lucky in that I inherited mine, but when Tepper builds a new stadium, I won't be lining up to buy more.  At this point, I'm good going to 1 or 2 games a year.

15 minutes ago, dave-o said:

Racists are going to be pouting for sure. It's just not fair 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3

Yep I bet after one of the shittiest years in living memory where the country roiled in unrest and economic crisis amidst a pandemic, the last thing in the world a weary nation would want to do is sit on the couch, crack open a beer, and watch America's favorite sport.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1