Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Updated info regarding this NFL season.

Screenshot_20200703-220012_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200703-220001_Twitter.jpg

This sounds right. If there is going to be a season, it will be based on the honor system of not going out and risking infection. In other words, this just isn't going to work.

• Pie 9

NFL teams are just too large. It isnt just the players... or the coaches... its also all the support personnel. And a lot of the people involved are high risk..  I just don't see how this could realistically work.  

• Pie 3

Until a vaccine is made: Sports in the US ... it was nice knowing you.

• Pie 1

Unfortunately, I think within 2-3 weeks of this weekend, it's going to be very clear that team sports aren't going to be played this fall.

• Pie 8
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unfortunately, I think within 2-3 weeks of this weekend, it's going to be very clear that team sports aren't going to be played this fall.

Given the amount of NBA and MLB players that are testing positive, I don't see this working.

• Pie 3

A LOT of money on the line. They will try to make it happen. 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

Older teams built to win now are screwed for 2020. Good thing we're built to lose now and we won't even have to play. Winning.

Edited by pantherj
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

At the end of the day its all about $$$$$$$$$.....COVID-19 pandemic is worse now than when it was during the shutdown....yet everything is opening....hmmmm...politics...$$$$$$ :thinking:

2 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

A LOT of money on the line. They will try to make it happen. 

School districts that probably make less than $50,000 a year from HS football are trying to get football to happen. The NFL won’t budge until a governmental order shuts it down. 

Posted (edited)

I'm waiting for an official announcement on refunds, as in the actual date PSL holders can start requesting them.  I suspect it won't be for another month as the League and teams will wait as long as possible to make that decision refunding season ticket holders.

It only makes sense for season tickets holders to get refunded...forfeiting their PSLs for just this season and then sell ALL seats on a per game basis as things remain fluid, that is if some fans are actually allowed.  That way people who purchase tickets for a particular game actually WANT to be there (understanding the perils). This is a much better solution than having PSL owners that feel obligated to go because the tickets were already paid for in the season package or unjustly burdening them to find buyers in the midst of a pandemic.

Edited by 45catfan

3 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Honestly, this whole thing is fuging dumb. I just don't see how they possibly think it is going to work out. 

European sports have been really successful playing during COVID.  US is a different story.

Americans as a whole simply dont have the discipline to do anything right even when its blatantly in our best interests.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1