Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
Tepper’s Used Car Lot

Does anyone actually believe Tepper has a clue what he’s doing

15 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

How long is he going to wait on Rhule? Right now we are set up to be tremendously unsuccessful for a while. Tepper himself has publicly preached patience with the process. Are you so sure that patience isn't extended towards Hurney?

We don't know much yet. I am very concerned about what we end up finding out through the process.

I mean, you at least have to give Rhule three years, right? I'm thinking five years unless he shows a Chip Kelly-esque type of incompetence, inflexibility, "un-adaptability" and hubris.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

2 whole years!! Relax for a minute. He said from the beginning it’s not going to happen overnight. Hurney is the GM, (while I think he hasn’t been terrible) how much power does he really have? The draft looked like Rhule and I’m sure most trades/contracts get approved by Tepper if he is such the micromanager people are claiming he is. The rumors were Tepper was looking at hiring another GM and giving Hurney a different position (over scouting maybe). Regardless we might not even have the season and he might as well take him time and find the right candidate if he does hire one. He just fired Rivera this last year because of mediocracy, if Rhule has the same issues I’m sure he will look up the chain of command at Hurney. My point is he might be gone sooner than later and if he is as bad as you all are saying he will be gone/exposed under a new coaching staff.

I couldn't be more relaxed, but thank you for your help.

A minute though?  How long has Hurney been here?

Yea, I was patient with this team...no longer.  I may tune in on Sundays (if we have football), but it's certainly not going to be a priority.  The pure stupidness of this team has made me sour on football more than I could have ever imagined. 

• Beer 2

Not happy with ownership. Nor are the Steelers.

Tepper is on quite a few sht lists and counting. Hope he learns nuance, respect, class, etc. Hope he stops hiding behind sources while saying otherwise, you know, just the basics.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

I mean, you at least have to give Rhule three years, right? I'm thinking five years unless he shows a Chip Kelly-esque type of incompetence, inflexibility, "un-adaptability" and hubris.

I agree, it would be unbelievably u fair to not give him at LEAST four years. This roster is a mess and he has to have the opportunity to build. 

But why would we assume that Hurney isn't going to be given that kind of leeway too? How could the owner justify sending him down with the ship if Rhule doesn't go as well?

That's really what I mean.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I agree, it would be unbelievably u fair to not give him at LEAST four years. This roster is a mess and he has to have the opportunity to build. 

But why would we assume that Hurney isn't going to be given that kind of leeway too? How could the owner justify sending him down with the ship if Rhule doesn't go as well?

That's really what I mean.

Well, like seemingly most Huddlers, he could just mentally connect Hurney's first tenure with his second and make the leap that they're one and the same, and that Hurney hasn't shown improvement, and that there's no hope... That's what he could do, but I kinda doubt it. Even if he does, he's pretty much intimated that Hurney will have a role (in scouting). 

I can live with that!

11 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Oh, it's not the only criteria, but it's the one that Hurney supporters cling to.  "You can't judge him by wins and losses only!!!!!!"

I'm not.  I'm judging the entire body of work.

I'll tell you what, you list the positive moves, that have turned out good for the team, since Hurney got back, and I'll list the bad moves.  Let's don't talk about wins and losses, just moves that have affected the team

You are mistaken.  I am not a Hurney supporter.  While I think he's done (over all) fine enough his second run, if he were fired today I wouldn't care.

All I said is that using a fired coaches' win/loss record, a coach known to play the wrong players and make questionable decisions..seems like a silly main point to use when discussing him.  I guess I am just in the boat if we want to discuss things he messed up on, we should discuss the things he messed up on.  I am sure he has enough material without pushing Rivera's coaching failings on to him as well.

IMO I think David Tepper is a good owner. I don’t know what people are basing their opinion on him being a terrible owner. Someone mentioned about him letting the team president and GM run the team. Thats what he hired them for. I would rather have a owner that delegates decision making rather then a owner that wants to control everything!

• Pie 1

On 7/6/2020 at 6:58 PM, Squirrel said:

Tepper is going to let his President, GM and Coach run the team for the most part.  You would be crazy to bet against him. 

Will he faulter some. Yeah but I do believe in the longer run he will be a successful owner.  Case in point look at Mark Cuban. 

I strongly agree!

Things are not looking good for Tepper so far, there’s a difference between being a corporate loan shark/enforcer and running a successful football organization.

5 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

I'll tell you in three years.

I’m already resigned to the fact we are looking at a worse curve than the Ram’s. We’ll have a first year next season(probably the following season but frankly all bets are off now). Than settle down into stride or fizzle out like a dud firecracker.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’m already resigned to the fact we are looking at a worse curve than the Ram’s. We’ll have a first year next season(probably the following season but frankly all bets are off now). Than settle down into stride or fizzle out like a dud firecracker.

I have no prediction but he has his own staff and lots of new players so no more excuses. I give him a pass mostly for how things have gone so far.

2 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

I have no prediction but he has his own staff and lots of new players so no more excuses. I give him a pass mostly for how things have gone so far.

I don’t but I have no issues saying I’m wrong if things go well. The odds are simply not in his favor at the moment. 

If rhule comes out and looks absolutely clueless much like taggart at fsu and we go 1-15, i could see him pulling the plug year 1 bc he doesn't care about money. Having said that i think we will be good if healthy

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

If rhule comes out and looks absolutely clueless much like taggart at fsu and we go 1-15, i could see him pulling the plug year 1 bc he doesn't care about money. Having said that i think we will be good if healthy

We are looking at a C league college coach coming into one of our hardest schedules.