Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, stirs said:

Andy Reid comes to mind.

Very large, not good, he stays away (compromised) 

He can be booth guy, I suppose or sit season out.  Point is, you do not stop the world from turning because 1 guy on a team is compromised

when that one guy is the head coach, the team is basically done. you can just go grab someone and install a whole new system mid flight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


12 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

when that one guy is the head coach, the team is basically done. you can just go grab someone and install a whole new system mid flight

I would not agree

Companies all over the world have figured out how to operate in different fashions.  They just threw together the NFL draft by all zooming, calling, etc.

I think there are things to be done to keep people safe but the major, "just stop it all" stuff, is not well thought out.

  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stirs said:

I would not agree

Companies all over the world have figured out how to operate in different fashions.  They just threw together the NFL draft by all zooming, calling, etc.

I think there are things to be done to keep people safe but the major, "just stop it all" stuff, is not well thought out.

How many of those companies have figured it out with over 1700 people (53 players per roster plus practice squad) engaging in rigorous, high contact, close quarters interaction where they huff and puff, sweat, and sometimes bleed on one another?

Trying to compare football to the typical work environment is just absurd. There's no social distancing in football.

  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Do coachss have the option to opt out?

You know....that is a good question. I am guessing probably not. They aren't unionized like the players are.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How many of those companies have figured it out with over 1700 people (53 players per roster plus practice squad) engaging in rigorous, high contact, close quarters interaction where they huff and puff, sweat, and sometimes bleed on one another?

Trying to compare football to the typical work environment is just absurd. There's no social distancing in football.

So did we not open bars?

You know, the places where 25-30 yr olds stand 12 inches from each others face and laugh and yell to be heard over the music?

But maybe they don't bleed on each other that much unless a fight breaks out.

But yes, massive amounts of 25 yr old bodies are piling up in the streets.

See, sensationalism goes both ways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stirs said:

So did we not open bars?

You know, the places where 25-30 yr olds stand 12 inches from each others face and laugh and yell to be heard over the music?

But maybe they don't bleed on each other that much unless a fight breaks out.

But yes, massive amounts of 25 yr old bodies are piling up in the streets.

See, sensationalism goes both ways

If you haven't been paying attention, bars have been singled out as one of the biggest dangers for COVID spread. 

  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Christian Miller's father, former NFL linebacker Corey Miller, on his son's decision to take the COVID-19 opt-out for the 2020 season with the Panthers: “Christian loves football. He was looking forward to getting with the new staff. But there's so much going on and so much uncertainty. You're not in a bubble. You can't control other people, teammates and what they're doing. . . . He talked to me, his mother, brother. We all agree he's making the right decision. . . . It was emotional for him.''

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you haven't been paying attention, bars have been singled out as one of the biggest dangers for COVID spread. 

Yeah, thanks, haven't been paying attention

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

when that one guy is the head coach, the team is basically done. you can just go grab someone and install a whole new system mid flight

Well, just addressing the practicality of it....

Other sports (ejection heavy ones) deal with the sudden absence of coaches/managers all the time.  Even in a case like Andy Reid....he still has a fully capable OC right there.  

But practically speaking if Reid got sick it likely would take out more than him.   As I’m sure given the heavy testing the staff would have pretty relaxed interaction with each other.  Once it sneaks into big groupings it does it thing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

when that one guy is the head coach, the team is basically done. you can just go grab someone and install a whole new system mid flight

 

Why woukd they install a new system? They have Bieniemy and an existing staff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Trying to compare football to the typical work environment is just absurd.

I say that any time someone tries to compare regular working stiff jobs to professional athletes.

2 hours ago, stirs said:

So did we not open bars?

You know, the places where 25-30 yr olds stand 12 inches from each others face and laugh and yell to be heard over the music?

Opening bars was a mistake and were a part of the reason for the spike.

3 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

when that one guy is the head coach, the team is basically done. you can just go grab someone and install a whole new system mid flight

If you are a new head coach like Rhule, we'd be in trouble.  But an existing coach that's already had his system and staff in place like Andy Reid wouldn't be the end of the world.  His coaches and veteran players know how to go about their business, they'd basically be in autopilot minus his ability to fine tune things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...