Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
TheSpecialJuan

New Panthers starting QB......Teddy "Ball Game" Bridgewater

19 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

If you admit Teddy isn’t the answer, then you’re no better than the rest of the folks in here being real about their feelings. I only see a few people hating on Teddy, as most are just being real about the situation. Teddy hasn’t shown he’s able to carry the load, and his numbers have been pretty pedestrian. Also, that photo does him no favors. He’s not intimidating at all.

Most will admit Teddy is a “bridge” to us either hopefully getting Fields or Lawrence. 

Yeah, don't get it twisted. I have nothing against Teddy. By all reports he's a great guy.  I hope he can come in and help our transition to Brady's offense and maybe okay wet nurse to a as yet to be drafted QH prospect. But, I'm not going to get fooled into thinking we've signing a legit starting caliber NFL QB. There's just too much history suggesting otherwise.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

There's no hate on Teddy from me. He's our QB and I wish him all the success in the world. 

I just have to get used to seeing the starting QB's picture and number as different. With this weird off season it's hard to find the right context for my eye to accept some guys as starters. If we could see them play or even practice that would help.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

He sure isn't that great even with him having the best QB play in NFL history to back him up. 

You’re just looking at stats. I watched almost all Patriot games last year. He reminded me of 2015 P Manning. Surrounded by a great cast, superior coaching and scheme (instead of a Broncos defense). If you actually watched him play, he had that vet savvy consistency but hardly resembles a superstar like he once was. The debate wasn’t whether he’s a good QB. He is too smart/experiences not to be. It was a debate of consistency vs. exiting superstars a la Mahomes. Certainly you can do it with excitement. No debate. Buts it’s not required. And Brady was hardly exiting last year. 

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, Seltzer said:

My feelings exactly... and I want Teddy to succeed.

It hurt me to move on from Delhomme, and I knew he was washed up.

It's hard to believe in a football world where a healthy Cam wasn't worth keeping.  And beyond that, Cam as a presence will take years to replace.  If ever.

And as good a player as CMC is, he ain't that guy.  Neither was Peppers, and he's a 1st ballot HOF.  Or Kuechly.  Or anyone else.

The only guy that came close was Smitty, and he wasn't a QB.

Truth is, every time I think I'm over Cam, I see something like this and realize I'm not.  It sucks

Well said sir.. The only thing that will truly help me personally move on is to see TB out there fighting to win us a game..

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, don't get it twisted. I have nothing against Teddy. By all reports he's a great guy.  I hope he can come in and help our transition to Brady's offense and maybe okay wet nurse to a as yet to be drafted QH prospect. But, I'm not going to get fooled into thinking we've signing a legit starting caliber NFL QB. There's just too much history suggesting otherwise.

His history says he is average.  Nothing more, nothing less.  And the even bigger factor is our oline.  Dude is going to take a beating this year.  He is getting paid but I dont envy whats ahead for him.

And furthermore why in the holy hell is race getting brought into yet another thread?  Some of you folks are obsessed.  Its not hate or racism pointing out Teddy hasnt done crap his entire career.

• Flames 1

If Teddy can provide some fun times, deliver us Fields/Lawrence/Lance in the process, and then help their transition to learning Brady's offense it's a win.  Frankly, that's the best case scenario and a realistic one that fans can talk themselves into.  A LOT more mental gymnastics would need to take place for fans to convince themselves that Teddy is a long term solution here. 

He's here to help our young guys learn Brady's offense while we find his successor.  It's honestly the big argument too against bringing back Cam. Teddy is in a better position to teach this offense instead of win right now.  The multi-year plan we're in screams for teaching and patience, not our best chance to win.  Plans can obviously change, but unless Teddy walks in and starts 16 games, plays at a Pro Bowl level, etc., then the plan isn't changing and he's not a part of it beyond 2021.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

His history says he is average.  Nothing more, nothing less.  And the even bigger factor is our oline.  Dude is going to take a beating this year.  He is getting paid but I dont envy whats ahead for him.

And furthermore why in the holy hell is race getting brought into yet another thread?  Some of you folks are obsessed.  Its not hate or racism pointing out Teddy hasnt done crap his entire career.

Let's be honest, he'll have to step it up to prove to be average over the course of a full season. He's been below average over the course of his career.

Who said anything about race?

10 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

If Teddy can provide some fun times, deliver us Fields/Lawrence/Lance in the process, and then help their transition to learning Brady's offense it's a win.  Frankly, that's the best case scenario and a realistic one that fans can talk themselves into.  A LOT more mental gymnastics would need to take place for fans to convince themselves that Teddy is a long term solution here. 

He's here to help our young guys learn Brady's offense while we find his successor.  It's honestly the big argument too against bringing back Cam. Teddy is in a better position to teach this offense instead of win right now.  The multi-year plan we're in screams for teaching and patience, not our best chance to win.  Plans can obviously change, but unless Teddy walks in and starts 16 games, plays at a Pro Bowl level, etc., then the plan isn't changing and he's not a part of it beyond 2021.  

If Brady is who we think he is though, we shouldn't have to give a below average QB a $60M contract to provide his offense training wheels.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Other than his first 2 years in Minn, how many seasons has he started? He may turn out to be better than many anticipate. If so, great! If not, we will be in line to get one of the top 3 next year. 

11 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Other than his first 2 years in Minn, how many seasons has he started? He may turn out to be better than many anticipate. If so, great! If not, we will be in line to get one of the top 3 next year. 

And will have spent 42M on a player that put you top 5 in the draft, and hopefully can coach a young QB to do better than he did.. That should work out well when they’re trying to build a team. 

18 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

He tore an ACL which is why he missed two years. Every year he has been a starter he has been between good and great.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

He tore an ACL which is why he missed two years. Every year he has been a starter he has been between good and great.

Good enough at best. Not good and deffinatly not great.

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Every year he has been a starter he has been between good and great.

lol, wut?

• Flames 1