Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Panthers players giving Teddy positive grades thus far.

I like it. I’m still holding judgement, because after last years complete meltdown on turnovers when we started taking L’s I’m sure anyone who is anything close to starting potential is a warm welcome to the team. That Grier game still makes me cringe. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)

Can we use like rave reviews or something? Every time I read positive in a main forum thread my mind goes to something else entirely and my heart skips a beat.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Can we use like rave reviews or something? Every time I read positive in a main forum thread my mind goes to something else entirely and my heart skips a beat.

Hadn't thought of that lol

• Pie 1

Good to see the love coming Teddy's way from the teammates.  You'd expect to see that though regardless of who it was.  Well, except for Cam in Boston.  His teammates are keeping everything close to the best in the last few quotes I've seen.

And the part about moving quickly, I hope that means, the huddle and getting to the line after break the huddle.  Always aggravated me how Cam would lollygag in the huddle and getting to the line.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, panfanman said:

Good to see the love coming Teddy's way from the teammates.  You'd expect to see that though regardless of who it was.  Well, except for Cam in Boston.  His teammates are keeping everything close to the best in the last few quotes I've seen.

And the part about moving quickly, I hope that means, the huddle and getting to the line after break the huddle.  Always aggravated me how Cam would lollygag in the huddle and getting to the line.

Jesus Christ, can the anti-Cam wagon just chill and enjoy something positive about our new QB?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Bridgerwater is always going to be a guy that commands the respect of the room, and elevates those around him. No matter if he works out as a starter, or as the Alex Smith style mentor, this is a great example of why he's here and what he brings to the room.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Jesus Christ, can the anti-Cam wagon just chill and enjoy something positive about our new QB?

I love Cam, my post history will show this. But man, these dudes gotta move on. It's getting exhausting now. 

***Both sides that is. The Anti-Cam guys and the Cam obsessed ones. 

Edited by Xtreme
  • Pie 4

1 minute ago, Xtreme said:

I love Cam, my post history will show this. But man, these dudes gotta move on. It's getting exhausting now. 

The first NFL jersey I ever bought, after almost 12 years as a Panthers fan was a Cam Newton jersey.

There is nothing more frustrating than having people start fights over one of my favorite players on my favorite team constantly.

I love Cam, but he isn't walking back through that door. It's time to move forward, we can still cheer for Cam, and the Panthers.

• Pie 1

Despite the covid effect on the installation of the “Gulf Coast” offense (https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2011/5/28/2195619/gulf-coast-offense-setting-trends) the Brady/Bridgewater tandem will bring an exciting dynamic to the team.  While their prior experience gives them a system advantage, Brady’s lack of play calling could be problematic.  Expect some growing pains.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

Bridgerwater is always going to be a guy that commands the respect of the room, and elevates those around him. No matter if he works out as a starter, or as the Alex Smith style mentor, this is a great example of why he's here and what he brings to the room.

I've got a question for you as a Louisville fan.  The biggest knock I keep hearing from experts about Bridgewater is that he tends to play safe.  If there's a defender near, he doesn't like to take chances.  That he is not the type of QB that carries the team on his shoulders.  Basically, that he is just a game manager.

So, my question is that when he was in college, did he tend to play that way, or was he more aggressive?  I just wonder if it is his makeup to play conservatively, or if it was more at the direction of the coaching staff once he got in the NFL.  

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

https://apnews.com/2e78a2792a3dbe7523f04cd62e19290c?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_NFL

I like the idea of quick play calls and executions. Hopefully the Rivera days of taking timeouts to avoid delay of games during the first drive are a thing of the past. 

I couldn’t stand that.  I remember Cam admitting once in an interview that he would stand there and watch the in stadium replay of the prior play.  You just can’t do that.  Gotta get into the huddle and call the next play 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wait, haven’t you posted several anti-teddy posts?  

Just now, Smithers said:

Wait, haven’t you posted several anti-teddy posts?  

In threads completely unrelated to the topic?

I'm not anti-Teddy, I'm just not expecting much based on his career and the OL we're going to put in front of him.