Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

bots take center stage in the 2020 election

i will not be told how to vote by russian bots masquerading as trump supporters or chinese bots masquerading as biden supporters. i will vote for howie hawkins.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

putting in long hours at the google translate factory and here is a taste of what i’ve learned:

勒索

mandarin for blackmail

宣传

mandarin for propaganda

想要他妈的他继母的失败者儿子

mandarin for “loser son who wants to fug his stepmom”

all will come in handy over the next few months

• Flames 2

32 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

i will not be told how to vote by russian bots masquerading as trump supporters or chinese bots masquerading as biden supporters. i will vote for howie hawkins.

neat spider man GIF

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden raised eyebrows on Monday when he echoed rhetoric that was famously used by Chinese communist dictator Mao Zedong, according to reports.

Biden held a digital fundraiser featuring former President Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett. According to The Atlantic's Edward-Isaac Dovere, the former vice president "cited an old Chinese proverb" while discussing economic relief for women during a Q&A session.

“We’ve got to get real economic relief into women’s hands now,” Biden reportedly said, later saying that “women hold up half the sky.”

The saying "women hold up half the sky," however, is not a proverb but a famous proclamation made by Mao roughly 70 years ago, when he proclaimed gender equality at the beginning of his rule.

:Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

The $1.5 billion figure to which Mr. Trump referred on Thursday appears to be the amount of money that a Shanghai-based private-equity company, BHR Equity Investment Fund Management Co., aimed to raise in 2014. The company, which says its biggest shareholder is the state-controlled Bank of China, pools money and invests in companies, many of which are also state owned.

Hunter Biden has been a member of the board of BHR since it was formed in late 2013. In October 2017, after his father had left the vice presidency, he bought 10 percent of the firm, investing the equivalent of $420,000.

:Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

11 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

Russian bots push Green candidates to aid Trump.  We have years of investigations backing that. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

It is worth noting the DNI report including China and merely noting a preference. While identifying acts by Russia to interfere.   

Canada, Mexico, Germany, France and all our allies have preferences in how 2020 turns out too.   

China is defiantly an adversary.   But there game and objective is different than Russia. 

11 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

are you enjoying the forum “brooklyn”? or should i say 你在享受论坛吗

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Russian bots push Green candidates to aid Trump.  We have years of investigations backing that. 

chinese bots push democratic candidates. but you kn...excuse me, 但是你已经知道

59 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

bumping this because our democracy is under attack

What is allegedly being done by China and Russia to interfere in US elections is routinely dwarfed by the governments of Israel and Saudi Arabia.

“Israeli intervention in US elections vastly overwhelms anything the Russians may have done, I mean, even to the point where the prime minister of Israel, Netanyahu, goes directly to Congress, without even informing the president, and speaks to Congress, with overwhelming applause, to try to undermine the president’s policies - what happened with Obama and Netanyahu in 2015.”  

Veteran activist Noam Chomsky has accused Israel of “brazenly” interfering in US electoral politics in a way that vastly outweighs any efforts that may have been carried out by Russia.

In comments in which he accused much of the media of concentrating on stories he considered marginal and ignoring issues such as the “existential threat” of climate change, the 89-year-old linguist said in much of the world, the US media’s focus with Russia’s alleged interference in the 2016 was "a joke".

“First of all, if you’re interested in foreign interference in our elections, whatever the Russians may have done barely counts or weighs in the balance as compared with what another state does, openly, brazenly and with enormous support,” he said.   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/israel-us-elections-intervention-russia-noam-chomsky-donald-trump-a8470481.html

14 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

What is allegedly being done by China and Russia to interfere in US elections is routinely dwarfed by the governments of Israel and Saudi Arabia.

You should listen to more of what Chomsky has to say....

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

You should listen to more of what Chomsky has to say....

You are reduced to snide remarks because you can't refute the point Chomsky makes.

How republican of you.

22 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

You are reduced to snide remarks because you can't refute the point Chomsky makes.

How republican of you.

it is a truthful advice, you SHOULD listen to more Chomsky and less random twitter accounts. 

and yes, and I know Chomsky's take on interference in elections.  His take on that isn't new thought he just shared this week.   Pretty sure this take was shared and discussed probably over a year ago. Yes, other nations attempt to influence our elections and I agree w/ him largely on Israel.   There are plenty of old post on that.   There is a lot truth in what he says on THIS topic....and even MORE truth on others.

so again, you should listen to more Chomsky.   Clearly you don't.  Because his thoughts run counter to almost everything you post.