Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
Khyber53

Stephen Weatherly

Posted (edited)

I am very excited to see how Weatherly, Burns, Obada and Gross-Matos grow together this upcoming season. We are rebuilding our D line which is very exciting to see after last seasons terrible effort. It’s not normal to see a Panthers team have Swiss cheese on the line.

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 3

Seems like a good dude, but he's just not that good of a player. Decent rotational guy, but I'm hoping one of the youngsters will emerge and put him in a rotational role as the season progresses.

• Beer 1

Every season, it seems like one unheralded defensive line comes together and makes a splash. I'm hoping it's our turn. For all the big names we had last season, they really didn't play very well.

Nice drone work.  Wonder what the neighbor think with him and his trainer out in the driveway hitting each other with sticks.  gus sorola omg GIF by Rooster Teeth

I am cheering for him for sure. I wish heart was enough. Not sure the guy has the physical tools. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seems like a good dude, but he's just not that good of a player. Decent rotational guy, but I'm hoping one of the youngsters will emerge and put him in a rotational role as the season progresses.

Can be said about a lot of players on this roster.

18 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I am cheering for him for sure. I wish heart was enough. Not sure the guy has the physical tools. 

He’s listed as 6”5 and 267 pounds. You don’t think he holds up against the run? 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

He didn’t mention he wasn’t big enough to defend the run. His point was that Brown and Burns and even YGM are guys with physical tools to be able to turn into pro-bowlers. No guarantee but they have that upside. Weatherly may have size, he doesn’t have the upside. Wes Horton had enough size to defend the run and had some success to get sacks but in the end he didn’t have the physical tools to be a stud DE. 

Edited by stbugs
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He didn’t mention he wasn’t big enough to defend the run. His point was that Brown and Burns and even YGM are guys with the physical tools that they could turn into pro-bowlers. Weatherly may have size, he doesn’t have the upside. Wes Horton had enough size to defend the run and had some success to get sacks but in the end he didn’t have the physical tools to be a stud DE. 

Gotcha. It will be interesting to see how the D line is used this upcoming season. I see it being a rotation between Weatherly and Burns on one side, and the strong side being a rotation of Gross-Matos and Obada. 

Do your job.  Play ball.  Everything outside of that is a distraction from our distraction which is football.

He's a Panther.  Wishing him all the best.  His success is our success.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

There is alot more to the position than size. Reading, reaction time, quick feet all more important. 

35 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

There is alot more to the position than size. Reading, reaction time, quick feet all more important. 

reading rainbow 80s GIF

The effort put in to downplaying everything Panthers here is amusing. Don't come to the Huddle with anything good to say about a player.

• Pie 6

15 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

The effort put in to downplaying everything Panthers here is amusing. Don't come to the Huddle with anything good to say about a player.

You seem to have an issue with realistic expectations. Vegas has us has the second worst over/under team in the league for a reason. Tepper and Rhule have tried to set the expectations for a five year plan, but some fans want to have visions of playoff runs dancing in their heads for this season. It's borderline delusional.

• Beer 2

13 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Amen!  This guy is a professional football player who got significant reps on one of the better defenses in the NFL, tallying real stats in the process.  Yet he’s “not a good football player” or is “JAG.”  He’s young and has shown promise.  I hope he gets 8-10 sacks this year forces most of this board to actually route for him.  

• Pie 2