Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Panthers training camp observations

Don't be shocked if everyone is wearing a black jersey at some point during camp. 

• Pie 1

I have very low hopes for our linebackers. We are going to get murdered by TE's and pass catching running backs this season

4 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I have very low hopes for our linebackers. We are going to get murdered by TE's and pass catching running backs this season

Hell, we were getting murdered by receiving TEs even when we had great coverage LBs.

• Flames 2

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So whats the deal with Okung?  He left early again today.

I honestly don't think he wants to play.  I wonder if he realizes he has to be on the roster on the date of the first game played for his salary to be guaranteed. Because it honestly feels like he's actively trying to get cut. If he gets cut in camp he won't see another dime.

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Someone doesn't consider House of Pain "Jump Around" as hip hop?

So funny that someone else thought the exact same thing when they read that, ha

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't think he wants to play.  I wonder if he realizes he has to be on the roster on the date of the first game played for his salary to be guaranteed. Because it honestly feels like he's actively trying to get cut. If he gets cut in camp he won't see another dime.

I joked about that earlier but now its really starting to feel like that.  If he is really out of shape as someone suggested and testing the waters of walking by using the corona excuse things may roll to a head quicker than expected.

My theory as of now is that he had a scare last year, enjoyed not having to bust his ass all season and realizes he is 33 and looking for a way out.

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So whats the deal with Okung?  He left early again today.

They have him on a schedule to do work in the pool inside because he has back tightness. It’s a planned thing 

2 minutes ago, Ship said:

They have him on a schedule to do work in the pool inside because he has back tightness. It’s a planned thing 

thanks

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He knows they won’t cut him, even if they should. I truly believe he is just chasing that 13M. Make it to opening day and then claim any of the numerous reasons he’s establishing now. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

It was against air, but Bridgewater showed developing chemistry with wide receivers like Robby Anderson and DJ Moore on timing routes. Bridgewater was routinely firing off accurate passes even before the wideouts were coming out of their breaks.

Love the sound of that.

That's a Teddy hallmark. He throws to a spot, not a person.

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. I think a big part of Kyle Allen's demise after a strong start last year was getting shell shocked by the heating he was taking.

Yeah that's a excuse for some of his bad decisions.. Others were he just not that good. 

• Beer 1

Secondary and defense in general is going to be rough this year..