Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
NAS

Prime position for Lawrence

Just now, NAS said:

It’s not about today’s game or season, it’s about being set at QB for next 15 years. Bridgewater did well but isn’t the long term franchise QB

Did you know you can get a QB at other places in the draft instead the top 10

In fact having a "15 year QB" doesn't mean poo if yoy don't win and build around him.

We don't need to worry about what our QB position will look like 15 years from now right now.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

One game...

This was arguably our most winnable game at home this year. Where do you think the first win is coming from?

1 minute ago, NAS said:

This was arguably our most winnable game at home this year. Where do you think the first win is coming from?

I don't see us winning a lot of games this season.

That said, we did look better today than I might have expected.

(on offense, at least)

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Guest numbaoneforevea
11 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Not to mention that offense wasn’t even the issue today.  Trevor wouldn’t have helped us any.  

that was a bottom 6 raider defence man 

Too early to tell. The offense is good enough to win 5 games and the defense is bad but young, there is an opportunity for them to improve not get worst like an aging defense. Will take the season in stride, I'm not going to actively root for them to lose in hopes of drafting a certain player, this isn't the NBA, where one player can make the difference. 

Just now, gmonjimbo said:

Too early to tell. The offense is good enough to win 5 games and the defense is bad but young, there is an opportunity for them to improve not get worst like an aging defense. Will take the season in stride, I'm not going to actively root for them to lose in hopes of drafting a certain player, this isn't the NBA, where one player can make the difference. 

I am not rooting for them to lose just calling out the silver lining. I want these young players to develop and be primed to win when Lawrence takes over hopefully 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Lol at anyone who thinks Teddy Bridgewater is the guy going forward. You’re absolutely kidding yourself if you don’t think we would take Lawrence or Fields given the chance. Even on his best day, TB is a back end starting QB who isn’t going to win you a super bowl 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

All this on the Trevor Lawrence train is going overboard since nobody knows if he will even play at a high level in the NFL.

Lol. We should never make any draft picks then since nobody knows if any of them will even play at a high level. C’mon, this thread is just for fun but everyone knows he’s going to come out with a grade probably as high as anyone including Luck or Cam.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Based off today's results we might need to go all defense again in the draft. 

Should probably give it a few games before making sweeping judgements on a team playing for the first time ever in its new systems under its new coaches playing a lot of rookies in a year with no preseason or off season and rebuilding..

7 minutes ago, numbaoneforevea said:

that was a bottom 6 raider defence man 

Very good point. We had a broken play to get to 30 at home against a team that gave up an average of 26 per game last year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

Should probably give it a few games before making sweeping judgements on a team playing for the first time ever in its new systems under its new coaches playing a lot of rookies in a year with no preseason or off season and rebuilding..

Agree 100%. Some people weren’t being realists thinking our DL would be awesome right away and the D much better than last year. They are so green right now. Give them a year or two and add a couple pieces at CB and LB and more depth and they’ve got promise.

I think the debate is becoming between tanking and trying, I you think Today we tried to tank I have some bad news for you. Especially after the we pick number 6 atm.

There are parts of our team that are young and will improve, such as all the defensive guys we just drafted. But we aren’t looking for any quick fixes. We’re rebuilding, but we are establishing. Bridgewater is not the answer for the next 15 years at the most important position. If we put ourselves in a position to take that type of guy, you absolutely take him. And then you groom him, even potentially while Bridgewater is still here. 

The idea of wanting a franchise QB and our team being in a position to draft one is neither ludicrous or asinine. In fact, it’s even better because the rebuild has already started WHILE we’re in pursuit of one as opposed to commencing when we get one.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Agree 100%. Some people weren’t being realists thinking our DL would be awesome right away and the D much better than last year. They are so green right now. Give them a year or two and add a couple pieces at CB and LB and more depth and they’ve got promise.

Nobody is saying otherwise. The point is that they will lose a lot this year but hopefully we will land our future franchise QB. Just picture two years from now Derrick Brown and Jeremy Chinn dominating on defense while Lawrence,  CMC and hopefully DJ Moore lead us to the promised land on offense

Another thing to consider is if the season is shortened or cancelled for any reason and the determination of the draft is based on games played, the Jags and Skins winning and us losing may work in our favor. 

• Pie 2