Carolina Huddle
hepcat

Only The Diehards Remain: Is Fan Interest Down This Season?

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

‘.....But with our current "best evaluator of college talent ever" driving the bus most of us old-timers just don't have the energy left to get excited over the hype anymore.

Just my old ass opinion.

This is me right here. I saw post Seifert Hurney.  post Gettleman Hurney and now post Rivera Hurney  it’s the same poo, different year.

I’m not buying it.  Shocked that the new owner would  

This is an unusual season by many counts but in the nfl, one thing is certain, winning matters.

On this owner’s watch, year three of losing and losing doesn’t sell tickets or products or get funds for ‘new stadiums’   No one is going to care about them process’. 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

All this talk about rebuild, there's only one side of the ball that really needs to be rebuilt, that's the defense. The weapons we have on offense are young and talented. 

It was the defense that was old and not producing. We've gotten younger there this offseason and the combination of inexperience and lack of talent will bite us this season.

But this is not the 2010 Panthers were we were depleted of talent on both sides of the ball. And we definitely will not be picking #1 in the draft.

The contracts of the starting oline say differently add to it the defense at linebacker, edge and cornerback is t screaming world beaters or even New Orleans beaters with Hurney at the helm. It isn’t going to happen 

25 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

The contracts of the starting oline say differently add to it the defense at linebacker, edge and cornerback is t screaming world beaters or even New Orleans beaters with Hurney at the helm. It isn’t going to happen 

This 2020 offense is better than the 2017 team that made the playoffs with starting receivers Devin Funchess and the great Russell Shepard featuring Kaelin Klay and Brenton Bersin. Along with Matt Kalil and Amini Silatolu starting several games across the Oline.

If we had a stout defense we definitely could compete for the NFC South division title this season. 

Edited by Pantherxtreme

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I would say that his contract definitely would disagree with that assessment. His contract says the owner/GM/coach thinks he MIGHT be the answer. We can currently cut him next year and save $3 mil or cut him in 2022 and save $21 mil. That isn't a contract structured for believing he is our franchise QB.

That is a contract that is a reasonable gamble on him MAYBE being "the guy" with the flexibility to cut him loose if we decide to draft "the guy." Honestly, it was a very good contract that we signed him to. 

Time will tell. 

5 years out I'm betting Bridgewater is still the QB based on merit.

Clearly you believe otherwise.

That's why they play the games.

We'll see who is right.

8 hours ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

He thinks he's the answer for now, to run this team into next year to get a QB that can actually win a SB. 

Disagree 100%.

In my opinion you should prepare yourself to be disappointed.

8 hours ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

He thinks he's the answer for now, to run this team into next year to get a QB that can actually win a SB. 

Clarification: 

Meaning the "disappointment" will be you won't get a different QB which is what you appear to want. 

My position is Bridgewater will deliver results that will be pleasing to all!  (except the opposing teams & fans that is)  (and haters too)

Still here just don’t comment on every topic.. plus I am at work during the games now.. so I can’t enjoy live time joy and bitching 

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Clarification: 

Meaning the "disappointment" will be you won't get a different QB which is what you appear to want. 

My position is Bridgewater will deliver results that will be pleasing to all!  (except the opposing teams & fans that is)  (and haters too)

They won’t. We might win 3 games tops. 

17 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

They won’t. We might win 3 games tops. 

So 3 wins is the best possible outcome in your opinion?

What's the downside in your mind?

8 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

So 3 wins is the best possible outcome in your opinion?

What's the downside in your mind?

Nothing really from that. That’s the best case scenario for any logical Panther fan. 

Well I'll be damned... Cant say as I'm surprised? Just as bitter and contentious as everywhere else.  Without catharsis of some kind you'll all die of stroke by this time next year.

Not really sure why I'm here?  I guess I just missed it so much.

LULZ

Nah for real tho, I spent a quarter century with this team. Loved them. Cheered them. Hurt with them. Knew them like family tho we'd never meet. My entire life is bookmarked by what was going on with the team. First event my dad ever took me to? Death Valley '95. Lived in Charlotte 90-93. I remember the Billboard on Brookshire Blvd with the "Countdown To Football" calendar on it. '03 opener was a birthday gift. '03 home playoff game a Christmas gift. First week alone in my first apartment? 2OT in STL. Haruki Naka...nak..not gunna work here no more? The ATL game? Julio? MY WEDDING DAY. (9/30/12 if you wanna check) My first born son? 2011. We'd already picked a name or he'd be Kam. 

The team and I are forever linked.  I've had the Panthers for 25 years, pfft, I only had a right hand for 17. I'd say there's a bond there. Unfortunately much like my hand, after being mangled beyond recognition by equal parts arrogance and poor decisions, this team has become a hinderance to my well being. And being that the last time I was in this situation I told the Dr to "cut the sumbitch off", I'm preparing for that eventuality now.

It seems as tho I have 2 options, either bow to the demands of an angry mob, or make my own decision independent of groupthink.

I think I'll go with the latter.

I choose independence. Thanks for all the memories, the good times were great and even some of the bad times were pretty fun. The good people Ive met both in person and online were amazing. Never a bad time with Huddlers.

I reckon that about wraps it up.

I'm certain this new direction will have a positive impact on the lea..ppfffffhahahahahahaha

deuces, LTC

• Beer 1

On 9/14/2020 at 2:28 PM, ickmule said:

After the last Super Bowl loss I became very apathetic and I can’t get over it to this day.  I haven’t watched a complete  game outside of attending last years home opener since.  I keep up by reading the game day thread and scores via the nfl app on my phone.   I’d guess if the team starts to show signs of consistency myself and many others will return as avid fans again.  

Same here.  The shitty officiating did it in for me.  Haven't watched a full game since the Super Bowl.  I can't take the NFL seriously if they blatantly miss or make easy calls/no calls.  I still peruse this forum from time to time for old times sake.  Still have a couple of friends here, but it's pretty much over for me.  I still watch College Football though.

Edited by Woodcookedbbq
  • Beer 2