Carolina Huddle
hepcat

Only The Diehards Remain: Is Fan Interest Down This Season?

50 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

People are taking on more constructive hobbies. I know I felt like I wasted a day of mountain biking or hiking.

I hear ya, I really wish we had more 4:00 games, especially early in the season. That way I could take the boat out to pregame and still make kick off. September and October are my favorite times to be on the water.

49 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

im a whole lot less "die hard" and my life is a whole let better for it. 

yeah, i watch every game if I can and I don't get my hopes up, and i've learned to enjoy the games win or lose. 

but i dont let being a Panther fan "define" me like it has in the past. I don't let the outcome of the game dictate how i feel about life. I used to be that guy. I had such low self esteem i didnt have poo going for me in life and the Panthers were a crutch (2015), and my huddle pie and reputation meant something to me. I no longer use the Panthers to distract me from how shitty at life i was doing  thats a dangerous game cause if they lose or disappoint, theres going to be an emotional crash 

so i can identify those types of people on this site cause ive been there, and I pity them. so emotionally caught up in something they cant control and they rage like the emotionally insecure and immature man babies they are. I know who the basement toads are. 

I wouldn’t call that die hard...that’s a mental/emotional issue or condition.

I’m not sure I agree with this thread....I never counted on Cam fans so I compare today to pre cam...and as Igo pointed out there really is more interest.

Fanhood has been positively rising.

11 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Rivera being retained after 2018 was ridiculous. We should be in our 2nd rebuilding year right now. 

Does anyone have any insight on what Hurney is still doing here? Is Tepper just waiting on his guy to become available or what?

That's easily my #1 concern as far as the future of the franchise goes.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Does anyone have any insight on what Hurney is still doing here? Is Tepper just waiting on his guy to become available or what?

Hurney is not mortal. He is a demi god genius Jedi dark lord. At first I hated him and was mad. But just as the sun will rise, Hurney will be the Panthers GM. He is eternal. Accept and love him in your heart and stop fighting and embrace him.

Edited by onmyown
  • Flames 1

I think right now people are more worried about politics and the coronavirus.  Even the college football fans arent really talking football this year. I wonder if interest is usually down on election years

Edited by jfra78

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hurney despite his obvious flaws does also have a knack for drafting gems in the 1st round. He almost never misses. Aside from Jeff Otah, who played well in his rookie year and flamed out due to many reasons, Hurney has never really missed in the 1st round. And although Brian Burns doesn't look like a fit on the current Panthers but I think he'd be a great fit on a 3-4 team. Maybe they can get some value for him.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just accept it and move on, your life will be better

i felt the best after this game as i have in a long time. yeah it was rough, especially the defense, but it was promising and not the same ol poo we’ve seen since Foxball started.

we had sustained drives, adjusted mid-game, used multiple pieces. if this is our basement, the ceiling is the roof.

• Pie 4

I actually decided to finally stop lurking and join this year because I figured only the diehards would remain and those are the ones I want to have the most discourse with and with the craziness of everything else going on yesterday was a great thing to me, especially since the offense was a little more balanced until toward the end, but I get when slumping you have to give it to your play maker. Team looks to be heading in the right direction, and as long as it doesn't start disintegrating into 2001 or 2010 levels of mediocrity I will be good with just enjoying some Sundays again.  

• Pie 4

It’s the hardest most embarrassing time to be a fan of this team. That being said, when the game came on, the excitement and loyalty was still there. At the end of the day it’s the hardest time to be a fan of this franchise, but I’ll never not support the panthers as long as they remain in cArolina. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

lol @ the continued gatekeeping of fandom by the standard of how much someone likes Cam Newton

Amen

16-0 or 0-16, I will be watching every game. We will be closer to the later and most folks know it. That and all the other reasons mentioned above will naturally have interest below normal. With this team in particular, the true fans will know the Ls will stack up this season, but will enjoy the maturation of so many young player on the team. We are watching the core of what will bring us back to winning in the next year or 2. Again, hopefully we stay there this time. 

• Pie 3

50 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My theory is that Tepper knew this year would suck and he will allow Hurney to be the scapegoat for it and cut him loose at the end of the year. Then, as we transition into a period when we have a chance to compete, we will have a new GM. This is Hurneys last year. 

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

My theory is that Tepper knew this year would suck and he will allow Hurney to be the scapegoat for it and cut him loose at the end of the year. Then, as we transition into a period when we have a chance to compete, we will have a new GM. This is Hurneys last year. 

Maybe so. I have no idea. I honestly expected Hurney to be gone before the ink on the papers was dry after a new owner took over. At this point I'm legitimately concerned that Tepper thinks Marty is the guy to run this thing.

of course. the only franchise player this team has plays at an increasingly marginalized position and doesn't have the magnetism of an icon.

cam and luke put asses in the stands and they will need to be replaced to give the team the marketing clout necessary to generate perennial excitement.

• Pie 1