Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Talking Tampa Bay Buccaneers - What do you know?

- their WRs will Feast this week.  Godwin went for 120+ in both matchups last year vs Donte Jackson.  And he is their #2.  Their #1 gave Bradberry a handful and Bradberry is no longer here.

- despite our weak secondary, I see them trying to get a run game established a little early.  To help keep pressure off Brady.

- Browns time to shine.  Brady historically, his kryptonite has been pressure up the middle.  As bad as their LT (Smith) is.  Their interior is not good either.  Brown got his first taste last week vs one of the best OL in the NFL.  Now this week shluld be easier.

• Beer 2

Good test for the Dline, should be oppertunities. Looks like murder on DBs. Still not sure where our Oline stands and if the Bucs can change that. Offense should be challenged thisgame as a unit. It's still a winnable game for us.

19 hours ago, Mister said:

Based on my data alone , I’m usually positive but we will get destroyed by the Bucs . There is no denying it . 

just checked my data and ran the numbers twice.   The numbers tell me that all the Moore/Samuel haters from last week bout to eat some crow. 

7 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

We better not let this fossil look good, also Brees’s arm is dead, he makes Teddy look like Favre. I think we can take advantage of that secondary 

Let's hope so.  CMC couldn't run vs Tampa last season.  Tampa pretty much game out week 1 and did the same thing to RBs they did all last year. 

Posting for good vibes. I actually think this game will be fairly close.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

TB had receivers running into each other on crossing routes and not bothering to run the routes sometimes. They were so sloppy and disorganized on Sunday, and Brady seemed confused at times. That being said if it comes down to talent then we're going to lose.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

Good test for the Dline, should be oppertunities. Looks like murder on DBs. Still not sure where our Oline stands and if the Bucs can change that. Offense should be challenged thisgame as a unit. It's still a winnable game for us.

With some help from the Bucs.

• Beer 1

Godwin is the concussion protocol.   Symptoms showed up today. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

With some help from the Bucs.

I think that goes for any winnable game this year.

• Beer 2

8 hours ago, ellis said:

That Delhomme stat line is nice.

delhomme.jpg

Could we maybe lure the buc fuger back out of retirement? 

In all seriousness, I don't expect much. I expect Tampa to win by a decent margin, Godwin and Evans on our corners just isn't ideal. I will be watching our defensive line eagerly though, the Bucs do not have the best offensive line in football. Last week, our DL played arguably a top 3 OL in football. This week? I think they have a fighting chance to show out. Burns on Smith, as someone pointed out earlier, isn't a good matchup for Tampa. Neither is Ryan Jensen on Derrick Brown. Kawann Short will once again be in a one on one, except this time it will not be against a Gabe Jackson caliber player. Maybe he can show he still has something left, maybe not. Either way, I will personally be watching the DL very closely. 

Outside of our DL though, I'm not very thrilled.

I expect to see Brady go for 400 and "return to form", but as long as we show fight unlike that shitshow last year i'll be good. They fought hard against Oakland, I hope to see more of the same this week.

• Pie 2

Here are some pertinent stats for Arians teams(the INT number is rank out of 32 teams):

Year Tm Role Int
2001 CLE OC 23
2002 CLE OC 25
2003 CLE OC 18
2007 PIT OC 6
2008 PIT OC 16
2009 PIT OC 12
2010 PIT OC 4
2011 PIT OC 17
2012 IND OC 26
2013 ARI HC 28
2014 ARI HC 8
2015 ARI HC 17
2016 ARI HC 26
2017 ARI HC 28
2019 TAM HC 32
2020 TAM HC

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1

23 hours ago, ellis said:

17 years ago? Damn I feel old

Last year Teddy beat the Bucs 31 to 24.  He was 26 for 34 with 4 TD's and 1 Int and a passer rating of 131.2  Hope his confidence and good play carries over to this year...you never know!

• Beer 1