Carolina Huddle
Jeremy Igo

Donte Jackson injury update

If Jackson has another below average year and is a whiny bitch doing it - I’m good with moving on. 

hey Donte - the NFL stands for “Not For Long” so you better sack up or you won’t have any money left to leave 5% tips anymore. 

• Beer 1

Had high hopes for Jackson but he's probably going to end up middling around the NFL for a few seasons like Daryl Worley.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Bradbury got burned for a TD late in game last night & looked really bad doing it

He also had 2 pass break ups that I saw

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Had high hopes for Jackson but he's probably going to end up middling around the NFL for a few seasons like Daryl Worley.

Dude Jackson has some skill and ability and is fast as poo. I think the problems are upstairs. Maybe he will be a late bloomer like Josh was but this is a big year for him. If they move on from Jackson not resigning Bradberry looks even dumber. 

Just now, 4Corners said:

Dude Jackson has some skill and ability and is fast as poo. I think the problems are upstairs. Maybe he will be a late bloomer like Josh was but this is a big year for him. If they move on from Jackson not resigning Bradberry looks even dumber. 

Not re-signing Bradberry was a really bad move. Top 3 corner the Panthers have ever had.

• Pie 2

Bradbury was good. He also looked better because the CBs playing on thr other side were too easy to pick on. I like him but I am happy to move away from strictly zone to more man. It hurts but I think it can be worth it once we find 2 playable CBs.

Now Shaq over Bradbury is looking like another huge mistake. Another for thr Hurney mountain of fugups.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Not re-signing Bradberry was a really bad move. Top 3 corner the Panthers have ever had.

Dude it totally was. It’s even worse now. Most corners in the NFL are garbage and below average but Bradberry is a solid defender, solid tackler and has a nose for the ball. They should have paid him. It would have been one less hole they had to worry about. Corner is going to be one of the top 2-3 needs this off season, maybe #1

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Bradbury was good. He also looked better because the CBs playing on thr other side were too easy to pick on. I like him but I am happy to move away from strictly zone to more man. It hurts but I think it can be worth it once we find 2 playable CBs.

Now Shaq over Bradbury is looking like another huge mistake. Another for thr Hurney mountain of fugups.

I like Shaq but I still don’t know what his role is with the team

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He also had 2 pass break ups that I saw

I saw him get beat by JuJu where Ben just threw it and Juju made a play. It’s gonna happen. I also saw JB force a freak fumble that would have been a huge mo swing if the Giants would have recovered. 

like I get the the whole “fug him he sucks” way of thinking whenever your team lets a player leave and you start reaching for excuses like “he not worth the money, average player, etc” but letting Bradberry wall, a homegrown player that they actually developed was boneheaded. 

panthers are unfortunately a “feeder” team for big market clubs. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I like Shaq but I still don’t know what his role is with the team

Making tackles after Whitehead allows catches?

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Maybe. But if its a high ankle sprain could be 3-4 weeks out. 

I could be wrong, but I'm hopeful that's not the case.  Usually high ankle or even a 3rd degree sprain, he wouldn't have walked off on his own power or been able to put any weight on it.  Seeing as how he walked off with very little assistance, I was assuming it was fairly mild.

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't think he will be missed on the field.

Nor will tackles.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Smithers said:

He wouldn’t have hurt his ankle had he tried to tackle like a man and not dive a foot in front of Jacobs feet then lay there in the fetal position.  

Yep, that was total weak sauce.

• Pie 1

Folks, if you told me that we would be starting Douglas and Pride, I would be totally happy with that---considering the circumstances.

Too early to come to a conclusion on his play. 

IIRC, he was covering Ruggs. From what I saw, he's going to be a star. Too fast to contain ...for any corner. 

I will say his tackling needs work. I'l give Rhule & co. the benefit of the doubt. Meaning despite being a 2nd round pick, I think we are truly playing the best players at each position. Donte earned the #1 spot in camp (not that it was alot of competition) so hopefully that counts for something. 

Either way, we'll see. Hope his injury isn't too serious. We'll will need him come Sunday. 

Evans, Godwin, Gronk, OJ Howard, Brate vs. Douglas, Pride, Whitehead, Shaq ... not favorable. 

Not to mention Fournette, Ronald Jones and Lesean Mccoy