Carolina Huddle
Jeremy Igo

Who are the current and future stars of the Carolina Panthers

2 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Current.. CMC

Future star:

trevor-lawrence-clemson.jpg

Not to be mean or anything but let's be honest, that boy is ugly.

Mind you, I won't give a sh-t if he comes here and slings touchdowns. Just sayin...

• Beer 1

I don't see Brown as a future star.  Chinn and Burns yeah, but not Brown.  I think Brown will be a good solid 10- 12 year pro but alot like Star.  A good player but not a star or probowl type player.  Chinn and Burns on the other hand, that's your stars.

8 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

That doesn't even make sense. Who would you use the number one pick on if we got it.. Oh wise one

Trading down would be optimal tbh.

I don't know why everyone keeps doing the same and saying "Yes. Yes THIS is the time tanking and getting the #1 overall pick will work." When all it leads to is a bust or a talented player you have to dump a large portion of your cap into.

I'd hope Teddy would work. Theres more proof of average to above average QBs (Tanehill, JimmyG, The corpse of Peyton Manning and The full capable abilities of Brock Oswiler) with a strong and well built team is enough to carry you to the playoffs and more consistent than hoping to God that this #1 overall QB is elite enough to carry a bad supporting cast. And before you mention Mahomes, the Chiefs were a playoff team before he took a snap of them. They were able to give up that capital and take a risk on a prospect BECAUSE they were so loaded. 

Would I love an elite level QB? Absolutely. But we don't have thr capital nor team to support him.

Trade down, build up. 

• Pie 1

I'm still iffy on DJ Moore. Lord knows he's got potential, but he hasn't put it all together yet.

Wasn't especially impressed with his Week One performance, but as I recall he wasn't special last opening day either but went on to have a decent season.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

That doesn't even make sense. Who would you use the number one pick on if we got it.. Oh wise one

Even I agree if we are picking 1, take Trevor

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Probably just CMC if we're being honest. We have other guys who can become household names, but until the team makes the playoffs I don't think people will care too much about the spare parts. 

2 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Even I agree if we are picking 1, take Trevor

I'm not as big a fan of Lawrence as many on here, but I'd have to agree too.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mind you, I won't give a sh-t if he comes here and slings touchdowns. Just sayin...

THATS A BAD PIC. He has luscious locks that would make any woman on planet earth gravitate towards him. Masculine Jawline, caring eyes etc. Men of Charlotte better watch out!!

1183675404.jpeg

1 minute ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

THATS A BAD PIC. He has luscious locks that would make any woman on planet earth gravitate towards him. Masculine Jawline, caring eyes etc. Men of Charlotte better watch out!!

I'm not sure I've ever seen a good pic of Lawrence.

trevor looks like alice the goon from the old popeye cartoons.   main reason i don't want him.  

plus those pointy elbows.  ewwwww!

Edited by raz
  • Flames 2

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, it makes no difference to me what he looks like as long as he wins games haha

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Yeah, it makes no difference to me what he looks like as long as he wins games haha

I thought Clausen was ugly too.

My friend's teenage daughter was of a different opinion. She was sad when we dumped him but Luke Kuechly and Christian McCaffrey helped her get over it.

Future?  Who knows.  Doesn't look like many.

Present?  CMC, and he's all alone.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Current.. CMC

Future star:

trevor-lawrence-clemson.jpg

Damn, he's prettier than most women.

I think Moore has more star potential than Burns, and I'm pretty up on Burns. Moore had 1,175 yards receiving last year despite missing two games and not having an accurate QB with time to throw. 

The only thing holding Moore back is that most star WRs don't have a Robby Anderson to take away pressure and catches. This bit about him not being "hungry enough" or "not enough like Steve Smith" needs to go, because he is definitely hungry enough and you in fact can be a star WR without being mentally unstable.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Take a look at the roster today. Who are the current and future stars of this team?

My take:

DJ Moore

CMC

Derrick Brown

Jeremy Chinn

I am hoping Teddy Bridgewater elevates himself to beloved status by Panthers fans. I think he can, but I am not ready to put him on the list. 

The Panthers have tried to push Tre Boston and Shaq Thompson as stars on their defense this offseason, and it just isn't going to happen. 

Tre, KK, and Shaq are really the only 3 Panther vets you had on D. They instantly become the face of the D in pre-season. I think that changes quickly if their play continues as it did on Sunday. Shaq was the only of the 3 that wasn't straight up bad. Pride may be another young stud that becomes a star if he keeps improving.