Carolina Huddle
Jeremy Igo

You put Douglas on Mike Evans, right?

Just thinking about who will be covering Evans this week. Jackson will likely be hobbled a bit if he even plays at all. Troy Pride is playing his second NFL game coming off a less than stellar week 1. 

It is Rasul Douglas on Mike Evans, right?

I mean the dude posted something like the 9th best cb rating this past week after being on the roster not even long enough to ask Curtis Samuel what that bear is doing (instant classic). You mentioned the alternatives. Seems a no brainer.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

I wouldn't put Jackson on Evens even if he was healthy. Terrible match-up and should result in murder charges against Snow for allowing. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

I would say anyone aside from Whitehead would be correct. Really more worried about him on TEs rather than Mike Evans. 

• Pie 2

Godwin might be a bigger threat from the slot, and Douglas' experience is mostly in the slot so I'd say match him up with Godwin. Evans and Brady don't seem to have any chemistry either and Evans is a big deep threat, Brady has no arm any more. I'd take my chances with Pride or Jackson on Evans. 

Whitehead covering either Howard or Gronk scares the crap out of me though. 

• Beer 3

Definitely Douglas on Evans. Even hobbled, we need to try and neutralize him. Godwin.....well.....I guess good luck with however that works out. 

We don't have the horses to get the better of their WR's or TE's, however we do have a good enough DL to batter their Panthers-esque OL. Especially with those deep routes they love in that offense. We can help our DB's out by knocking Brady down early and often.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Godwin has roasted the Panthers the last two games they've played the Bucs, just saying.

Different QB. Winston is a lot more capable of dealing with QB pressure than Brady. I understand how crazy that sounds but Winston is a true gun slinger(like Favre, Rivers, etc) with mobility. They don't get down when the picks come and they are able to be mobile enough to delay pressure. Brady starts wilting when things aren't going his way and he has zero mobility at his age. 

32 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Different QB. Winston is a lot more capable of dealing with QB pressure than Brady. I understand how crazy that sounds but Winston is a true gun slinger(like Favre, Rivers, etc) with mobility. They don't get down when the picks come and they are able to be mobile enough to delay pressure. Brady starts wilting when things aren't going his way and he has zero mobility at his age. 

Magic word

• Beer 1

To me, the DL is more important than whichever CB is on Evans or Godwin..  Our DL needs to show the Raiders game was a fluke or at least scheme related. We need QB pressure.

Edited by mav1234

17 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

To me, the DL is more important than whichever CB is on Evans or Godwin..  Our DL needs to show the Raiders game was a fluke or at least scheme related. We need QB pressure.

The Raiders game wasn't a fluke. They were facing one of the best OL units in the NFL and Carr was ninth in the league in Time to Throw for Week 1. So they protected well and he got rid of the ball quickly. Most defensive lines are going to struggle with that, especially when we don't run a Steelers-style all-out blitz attack. 

The Tampa OL is quite a bit different. They do not protect well and those routes are long developing(Brady #19 in Time to Throw for Week 1). There is no reason we shouldn't get some pressures and sacks in this week's game.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1