Carolina Huddle
Jeremy Igo

Panthers Injury Report - Donte Jackson is a go

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, if Short being out means more PT for Roy then so be it. That's better for our future anyway.

I mean....that sounds good but I don't think you would actually like the results. 

We aren't dealing with Rivera level nepotism and the snap counts had Roy #4 for our interior players. He might make it as a rotational guy for a few years but I wouldn't expect him to magically become NFL starter worthy.

22 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....that sounds good but I don't think you would actually like the results. 

We aren't dealing with Rivera level nepotism and the snap counts had Roy #4 for our interior players. He might make it as a rotational guy for a few years but I wouldn't expect him to magically become NFL starter worthy.

I don't expect the results to be good either way, so play the youngsters. Let them develop and find out what you have (or don't have).

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't expect the results to be good either way, so play the youngsters. Let them develop and find out what you have (or don't have).

As much as I am inclined to question the whole Rhule scenario, I will generally side with the coaching staff on the personnel decisions for the moment. I definitely have liked that they jettisoned obvious JAGs, so if they think Short is the best guy for the job, so be it. If they change their mind, so be it. 

I’m down with more PT for Roy, too. Why not? If KK isn’t going to get pass rush, then let Roy come in and eat up blocks and maybe make it a little easier for Brown or the DEs.

Interior line is always a place where there are late round picks and udfas that pan out. Kick the tires and find out what we have.

20 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, if Short being out means more PT for Roy then so be it. That's better for our future anyway.

It means more PT for Zach Kerr as he plays the UT/DE position that Short does.

Roy subs in for Brown as they fit more of an NT role.

Short is doing fine. He's just the easy target for people that don't watch football but instead look at box scores + contract numbers.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Icege said:

It means more PT for Zach Kerr as he plays the UT/DE position that Short does.

Roy subs in for Brown as they fit more of an NT role.

Short is doing fine. He's just the easy target for people that don't watch football but instead look at box scores + contract numbers.

Or watch football and look at contract numbers. Short is paid to be a top DT, something he hasn't been in years.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Or watch football and look at contract numbers. Short is paid to be a top DT, something he hasn't been in years.

What constitutes a top DT to you?

Specifics pls. You and I seem to differ in that I look at seasons lost to injury as a wash rather than a fault of the player for not producing

I'll just leave this here tho in the meanwhile :Eyes_Emoji_42x42: 

Edited by Icege

19 minutes ago, Icege said:

What constitutes a top DT to you?

Specifics pls. You and I seem to differ in that I look at seasons lost to injury as a wash rather than a fault of the player for not producing

I'll just leave this here tho in the meanwhile :Eyes_Emoji_42x42: 

Impact on the game. Stats often don't tell the full story of a DT's impact on the game. I don't need to necessarily need to see plays being made, but I want to see penetration, disruption, double teams being taken on, etc. Usually with KK these days, I see what looks like an awkward middle school slow dance where one OL pretty much just locks him up and neutralizes him.

• Beer 1