Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

3 Panther starters are out this week.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

His contract is and so is his health. We already know he's going to end up on IR and it's week 2. Who really is the Jag in that situation? 

Yeah but that also isn't his fault. That would be Marty Hurney's fault.

• Pie 1

Big opportunities for Kerr and Efe.

17 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean the crowd who wants us to bench him for "the young guys." I get the angst about the contract but, man, it is not going to go well with his replacements. 

I don't expect it to go well anyway. I've never called for him to be benched but I definitely don't think it's a bad thing for our future to get the younger guys some PT. Star and Short side by side their rookie season wasn't always great but it led to great things down the road.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, NAS said:

As much as I would love for them to beat the Bucs and make their fanbase and media implode, I think we will be one step closer to drafting Lawrence after Sunday.  

Agree I don’t see us winning this one unfortunately (or fortunately for the tank crowd)

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but that also isn't his fault. That would be Marty Hurney's fault.

Either way he's not a good part of the team and hasn't been for years. His only reason for being around is that hurney is an idiot. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't expect it to go well anyway. I've never called for him to be benched but I definitely don't think it's a bad thing for our future to get the younger guys some PT. Star and Short side by side their rookie season wasn't always great but it led to great things down the road.

I would agree except our options are Roy and Kerr. Neither of those guys figure to be much but rotational players. Don't be shocked to see Roy struggle mightily with an expanded role and limited relief.

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would agree except our options are Roy and Kerr. Neither of those guys figure to be much but rotational players. Don't be shocked to see Roy struggle mightily with an expanded role and limited relief.

I'd rather give the young guy a chance now and see what he has. Plenty of non-premium picks end up playing major roles for teams. Either way, KK isn't part of our future. He'll he retired by the time we're ready to compete and that's why I wanted his contract gone.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd rather give the young guy a chance now and see what he has. Plenty of non-premium picks end up playing major roles for teams. Either way, KK isn't part of our future. He'll he retired by the time we're ready to compete and that's why I wanted his contract gone.

Well we will see Sunday how those guys work out. I am expecting to see them get run over pretty easily. It would be nice to be wrong but I am not hopeful.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Well we will see Sunday how those guys work out. I am expecting to see them get run over pretty easily. It would be nice to be wrong but I am not hopeful.

Oh, trust me. I'm not either. But I came into this season expecting four wins or less so I'm ready for this.

• Beer 1

Honestly cant wait to see that stump Roy at NT while Brown at 3tech beside him.

Edited by ncfan

I can’t imagine any the rookies getting  any less push up field than Short did.  It looks like on film kk is just going Thru the motions 

52 minutes ago, Snake said:

Either way he's not a good part of the team and hasn't been for years. His only reason for being around is that hurney is an idiot. 

And that can be said about more than one player, sadly 

and yet Hurney is still here with the keys to the castle.  Owner is gone. GM gone. Two coaches, multiple QBs, but ole Marty is still here.   The contract to Thompson for being the last lb standing is the next contractual disaster 

• Pie 2

I see that throwing 13M on KK wasn’t a good idea. Who could have predicted that? 

• Pie 1

Can we still trade KK for something?

1 minute ago, NAS said:

Can we still trade KK for something?

Teams aren’t lining up to pay a DT 13M that is declining  by the game. 

35 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Teams aren’t lining up to pay a DT 13M that is declining  by the game. 

Someone may be desperate enough to win now and may think he can still get back to form