Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
TheSpecialJuan

Panthers sign ex-Cardinals WR Hakeem Butler

When someone with his ridiculous measurables coming off of a 1300 yard 9 TD season lasts until the 4th round it makes you wonder why. 

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When someone with his ridiculous measurables coming off of a 1300 yard 9 TD season lasts until the 4th round it makes you wonder why. 

I read his route tree was limited and he is slow in and out of his cuts from one of his scouting reports.

29 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

what do you mean?

We already had this topic 

Shouldn't hurt to add a little depth, size and maybe versatility to the WR corps. I suspect that he can win some contested catches if nothing else.

• Pie 1

Good PS addition. I feel a lot better about signing a project than over drafting one. Hopefully he can develop into a player that can contribute down the road. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Dude is still young, so that's a good thing. Perhaps if we do this long enough---get a relatively big guy with relatively good speed (CMC speed)---then maybe we'll finally hit on one. 

It's a new regime and a new day. Maybe Butler will actually be the one who is productive. He was never going to stick with a deep Card's roster. The injury during his time there certainly didn't help.

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

We already had this topic 

Ah i see what you are saying.

4 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

to the practice squad 

I've come to appreciate the special juan-liner cadence. Never disappoints. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Perfect signing for the Panthers. Absolutely no risk and he could still become something. If nothing else, a WR4-5 that can be a threat in the red zone. That’s something I know he can do. And after the reality of being cut sank in, you could easily be getting a much more “motivated” player.