Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
hepcat

Positives from the game

I’m extremely negative when the Panthers are losing games and this one makes 10 in a row dating back to next season. This team is bad and we should all feel bad. But here’s some positives a noticed:

Perseverance. During their first two gamesthe Panthers have trailed by two scores in the 4th quarter, and have shown fight and battles back in both games. That at the very least shows this team is unlikely to get completely embarrassed off the field despite being outmatched in every game this season.

Waiver Wire Win: Yet again Rasul Douglas, a guy who joined the team two weeks ago, is clearly the best defensive back on the roster.

WR Strength: Usually the worst position group on the team during Cam’s years on the Panthers, now we have a WR duo of Moore and Anderson that are easily the best pair of WRs since Smith and Muhammad.

One Loss Closer: Another loss brings us one loss closer to the end of a third straight losing season and hopefully the future at QB.

• Pie 4

Hell i'd rather take chances on picking up some random dood like we did with Douglas than have Bostons sorry ass out there. Just throw a dart at the waiver wire board and bring somewho in and literally couldn't be any worse.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Positive from today’s game:

I didn’t watch one second of it.  Now that’s positive. 

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Hell i'd rather take chances on picking up some random dood like we did with Douglas than have Bostons sorry ass out there. Just throw a dart at the waiver wire board and bring somewho in and literally couldn't be any worse.

You know this is a horrible team when dudes picked up off the waiver wire play better than the dudes on the actual roster.

• Pie 3

Yeah, we don't go away, which bodes well for the future. 

The defense looked like a legit defense at times today too. That's certainly a positive!

Clean the turnovers and penalties up, and we should be in more games than expected this season.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, glitchh8 said:

Mike Davis showed he's likely worth the $3M.

Early on I was really thinking he was nothing special back there. In the second half, and especially after CMC went out, the guy answered the call and played with a lot of heart. Yeah, he's a pretty good pick up. Rasul Douglas is certainly making the most of his opportunity. Chin looks like the real deal. 

Brian Burns had some flashes of talent there. Was beginning to worry.

Chinn was good, but let's not fake a punt like that again. 

Charlton looks a lot better in the game than he did in that one pre-season video. That's not necessarily good, but that's at least a relief.

47 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Positive from today’s game:

I didn’t watch one second of it.  Now that’s positive. 

I didn't either not feeling this team or NFL for that matter (and its not because of politics)

• Beer 1

Today was primarily on the offense. The turnovers killed us.  The defense was adequate.  The offense was not.  Blocking wasn't good.  Moore and Anderson looked good though.  

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Today was primarily on the offense. The turnovers killed us.  The defense was adequate.  The offense was not. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha 

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

17 of their first 24 points came after turnovers.  

0 sacks

1 QB hit

Bucs were 6-8 on third downs in the first half

”offense’s fault”

16 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

0 sacks

1 QB hit

Bucs were 6-8 on third downs in the first half

”offense’s fault”

Didn't say it was great, but it was adequate.  If the offense doesn't have three turnovers, the game would have been entirely different. And Brady rarely gets hit or sacked.  Even as good as the Saints line is, they still only got to Brady when the Bucs were forced into more obvious passing situations when they were behind in the second half.

The defense got a three and out on the first series, then the offense turned it over.  Their second drive started at our 30 yard line.  The fourth scoring drive started at midfield.  Brady had 215 yards passing, he was good enough, but wasn't exactly lighting it up. When the offense starts out with two turnovers, one of which gives the other team a short field, its hard for a good defense to stop a team like Tampa.  With a young and inexperienced defense, its a very difficult situation.  I honestly thought it would be a blowout at that point with us giving up 45 plus points.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

2 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

We're one step closer to 1st overall

There are 10 winless teams at this point.

• Pie 1