Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
hepcat

Positives from the game

Recommended Posts

Brown and Burns played well.

Manhertz....was adequate 

We have WRs

We have RBs

We have a HC who can manage the game and will adjust at halftime

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


DT:  Hamilton and Kerr had good moments at DT--that is good.

CB:  Douglas is a keeper. 

QB:  Without much time, Bridgewater did OK---366 yards or so----our OL is pathetic. 

WR:  Moore had over 100 yards--so did Anderson.

CONCERNS

MLB:  Whitehead is not good.

OG:  Schofield got abused all day; Miller was not much better but he had Suh.

S:  Boston.

CB:  Jackson refuses to tackle.  He was more interested in jawing with LSU teammate Fournette than playing tough.

TE:  WE NEED A TE!!!!!!!!

FB:  I just do not see the value

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we won the second half with good adjustments on both sides, and a great no quit attitude.

outside of one horrible play, the defense shut them down in the second. After Evans was a guaranteed 15 yards any time they wanted in the first, he disappeared in the second.

lots to feel positive about from a potential point of view. the team is looking better as they play, not stagnant or getting worse.

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are all the tank for trevor fans going to be pissed off half way through the season, when start kicking people’s asses?

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

f man, that game got super exciting for quite a while after a bad first half.  that was unbelievable.  i'm used to packing my hopes in since jake would start a game with 2 int's.  today was awesome and exciting.  the D did better most of the time than last week.  i thought that game was worth watching.  we're young and mistake prone but idk how you watch that and think we're not on the right track for growth and improvement.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, raz said:

f man, that game got super exciting for quite a while after a bad first half.  that was unbelievable.  i'm used to packing my hopes in since jake would start a game with 2 int's.  today was awesome and exciting.  the D did better most of the time than last week.  i thought that game was worth watching.  we're young and mistake prone but idk how you watch that and think we're not on the right track for growth and improvement.

Jake had a defense... and a deep ball 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Jake had a defense... and a deep ball 

 

wtf does that have to do with anything?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, raz said:

wtf does that have to do with anything?  

They are the two key elements to most come back victories? Making it exciting is fun but did you at any point really believe we would close it out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

They are the two key elements to most come back victories? Making it exciting is fun but did you at any point really believe we would close it out? 

yeah, i thought it was possible yesterday which made the game really fun.  if you remember jake then you remember those days (before the elbow) when he just didn't have it and you knew it right away.    the thing that jumped out at me yesterday were the adjustments we made at the half.   that's a big reason for hope.  its a big change from the panthers as long as i can remember.   when we would come back with cam and rivera at the helm it wasn't adjustments it was great players.   i've said about rivera many times that he needed a roster that was vastly superior to the other teams if we were ever gonna win a SB.   in a couple years we may be able to win games because the coach's are actually having a positive effect on the game - which is crazy as a panthers fan.   its early.  i may not be explaining myself very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, raz said:

yeah, i thought it was possible yesterday which made the game really fun.  if you remember jake then you remember those days (before the elbow) when he just didn't have it and you knew it right away.    the thing that jumped out at me yesterday were the adjustments we made at the half.   that's a big reason for hope.  its a big change from the panthers as long as i can remember.   when we would come back with cam and rivera at the helm it wasn't adjustments it was great players.   i've said about rivera many times that he needed a roster that was vastly superior to the other teams if we were ever gonna win a SB.   in a couple years we may be able to win games because the coach's are actually having a positive effect on the game - which is crazy as a panthers fan.   its early.  i may not be explaining myself very well.

No worries I'm sure I'm not either remember week 1 2003? or Week 1 2008 even after Tommy John? JD was average as all get out but the man was clutch.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

No worries I'm sure I'm not either remember week 1 2003? or Week 1 2008 even after Tommy John? JD was average as all get out but the man was clutch.... 

one of my favorite players all time for sure and in my personal hall of fame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

are all the tank for trevor fans going to be pissed off half way through the season, when start kicking people’s asses?

Nothing wrong with continuing to believe that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, manu4t said:

Brown and Burns played well.

Manhertz....was adequate 

We have WRs

We have RBs

We have a HC who can manage the game and will adjust at halftime

 

In terms of roster building those are the absolute least important units.

 

You need lines and more importantly a good qb.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...