Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
jb2288

Does anyone believe we are tanking purposely?

It’s been 2 games and it’s painfully clear Cam is better than Teddy. I don’t care if Cam throws 2 picks tonight, Teddy has the best RB in the game and 2 legit WRs. Cam is better. Could it be possible this was the plan from the start between Hurney, Tepper, and Rhule? I mean drafting all defense is (I believe) a great move for the future but clearly not a win now mentality. If we wanted to be competitive this year we take 2 OL after D. Brown. It just seems logical the plan this entire year was get young on D, get Trevor, then go hard OL after that. 

• Poo 5

No. They wouldn’t have signed Bridgewater to a $20m+ a year salary if they were tanking.

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

No. They wouldn’t have signed Bridgewater to a $20m+ a year salary if they were tanking.

Yeah that’s true. Figured it could have been to keep fan interest and sell tickets before Covid came. 

Lol, what is with these threads.  2 games in and were real close to winning game 1.  

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

No...they're just young, in a new system, with a lot of dead money tied up in the cap.

I think they're attempting to Build more than I think they're attempting to Tank.

Edited by PantherBoy95
  • Pie 4

1 minute ago, CatTower said:

Lol, what is with these threads.  2 games in and were real close to winning game 1.  

I mean it’s a message board. Wanted to get others opinion on it, so made a post. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

I mean it’s a message board. Wanted to get others opinion on it, so made a post. 

It's just an insult to the team to suggest we're purposely tanking when it's obvious the guys are trying as hard as they can to win games.  We have so many new faces and not a lot of practice.  If anything, I'd say the team is performing above expectations thus far.

• Pie 2

I think tank is the wrong word but I do think they are taking things very slowly and are having patience to gradually build the team up like Rhule did at both colleges he coached. Tepper has pretty much alluded to that too when he keeps talking about how it could be a 3-5 year process. Despite what the team says I don’t think they truly believe deep down that we ever had a chance to compete this year.

• Beer 1

No. We just suck. Other NFL teams are paid to try and win too. We’re just the worst at it. 

But in all seriousness. We’re not purposefully tanking, but we’re also not making roster moves that we potentially could make if we were a team on the verge of a playoff push. Instead we’re content with who we have, even though we all know it will not be good enough for anything above 3-4 wins tops. 

Edited by Yaboychris28

Compared to the other pandemic years where we got a new coaching staff and new starting QB...I think we are doing ok

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 legit wrs? What about oline? What about defense? You know all those things cam fanboys said hindered cam. TB doesn’t have those and I wouldn’t call our wrs legit. Great offenses always have a great oline. Always.  

You don’t just draft olineman and your problems are solved, I don’t think you understand the concept of team building.

TB isn’t the future but it’s not surprising all these issues suddenly disappeared for the next QB after cam lol

Edited by onmyown
  • Poo 1

25 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

It’s been 2 games and it’s painfully clear Cam is better than Teddy. I don’t care if Cam throws 2 picks tonight, Teddy has the best RB in the game and 2 legit WRs. Cam is better. Could it be possible this was the plan from the start between Hurney, Tepper, and Rhule? I mean drafting all defense is (I believe) a great move for the future but clearly not a win now mentality. If we wanted to be competitive this year we take 2 OL after D. Brown. It just seems logical the plan this entire year was get young on D, get Trevor, then go hard OL after that. 

Dude, we have the most dead money in the NFL and the least talent on defense in the NFL. What do you expect.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

If we are tanking, we are going about it in a very unintelligent way. Spending that much money on TB when we could have said, "We want to see what we have in Allen/Grier." Also, drafting all defense when they are gonna suck anyways.

• Pie 1

No but this is the best time for all these young players and this young staff to be learning. The outcome will be a year of gained experience and Lawrence or Fields.

I really believe in Brady calling plays but you can tell he’s still learning in some big situations the last few weeks. 

This week the play that comes to mind is the fake punt. It was pretty obvious it was a fake, I actually said it to my buddy when we lined up. Our punter was standing at like the 47 yard line. From there you are either going for it or kicking a FG in that spot when trailing. 

It’s the perfect year to learn, get the future face of the franchise in the upcoming draft and come back next tear more prepared. We won’t be competing that much next year either. But two years from now I believe there’s a real chance we could have a very young and very competitive team