Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Obvious move = IR CMC, Activate Reggie, right?

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I mean...you aren’t wrong.  Philly does have Hurts too, which their fans are already calling for, dunno man Lawrence is worth a lot so they could trade out for a ransom as well.  We just need #1.  :) 

I like Lawrence a lot but I wouldn't be upset to get Fields or Lance either. It's a crap shoot on which of those guys will end up being the best of what is likely to be a very strong crop.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

I say the Panthers are in pretty solid position for Lawrence with this Defense. Jets won't be moving on from Darnold, they're in the middle of a rebuild themselves. Broncos have Lock and the Ronskins will win a few games. It will come down between the Jaguars and Panthers but the way Minshew is playing, he'll win them a few games.

If Jets pick 1st overall then they're moving on from Darnold

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I like Lawrence a lot but I wouldn't be upset to get Fields or Lance either. It's a crap shoot on which of those guys will end up being the best of what is likely to be a very strong crop.

I dont know much about Fields or Lance but both of their stats are jaw dropping

• Beer 1

I believe Bonnafon actually succeeded Teddy as QB for Louisville. Kept the seat warm for Lamar.

4 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

The fact that the Packers traded UP to draft Jordan Love in the first round when Aaron Rodgers is still a top 3 quarterback means I probably wouldn't put it past any team to draft Trevor Lawrence.

Yeah but they traded up to 26th which isn't that hard to achieve. After all, we got stalwarts like Everette Brown that way.

Rodgers wasn't a top 3 QB last season, is 37 years old and had shown signs of decline the past couple of years(has been outside the top ten in QBR since 2017 and outside the top 10 in DYAR since 2018). Plus he has always reportedly been a big headache to deal with. He is a little bit of a special case because they had a new coach and appeared to be an aging/declining and mercurial QB. I can see how they might want an insurance policy. Keep in mind they did the same with Rodgers and he sat behind Favre for 3 seasons before he started a game. So making that move actually makes a lot of sense for GB.

Atlanta could be a candidate for that kind of move but it is also a lot harder to keep a top 10 draft pick QB on the bench than a middle to late first round draft pick. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I don't think we can say that for certain yet but I'd definitely lean towards that being the case. I am not seeing what they saw when they took him that high. Also, he had some big red flags as far as not being mentally up to the spotlight coming into the league. I remember reading some articles on that. 

2 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Lol no one said this in 2010. John Fox had 1 foot out the door. Brian st Pierre was throwing to David Gettis. This is no where close to the same situation.

we actually had a pretty decent roster in 2010.  QB plays was simply that horrific and impactful.

Just a head to head of the roster MINUS the QB position...the 2010 team was definitely more talented than the 2020 team.  Games without CMC it would a huge difference favoring 2010. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Trevor should probably just go ahead and start interviewing Charlotte real estate buyer's agents.

Yea the NFL is a shot show this year. Like...real bad. Add on injuries like crazy. I know we are dreadful but there are worse teams believe it or not. 

I’d guess we’ll have a 6-11 pick and get fuged.

I am not giving up on this season. Not yet.   Let him rest for a bit then we will see, depending on how next stretch of games play out.

4 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I feel like it more likely they'll move on from Gase before Darnold. Also I can see them getting a win or two against the Dolphins, Browns, or Raiders.

3 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

I feel like it more likely they'll move on from Gase before Darnold. Also I can see them getting a win or two against the Dolphins, Browns, or Raiders.

But why wouldn't they have moved on from Gase this offseason? That is what I don't understand.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

But why wouldn't they have moved on from Gase this offseason? That is what I don't understand.

Probably the same absurd reason why Hurney is still here.

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Panthers will IR CMC today then activate Bonnafon, right?

Myles Hartsfield time!

9 hours ago, Mage said:

I don’t know man.  There’s some REAL bad teams this year.  Panthers, Broncos (defense probably too talented though), Giants, and Jets all could pick #1. 

We are worse than all of them.