Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Deandre Hopkins not practicing (ankle)

If he can't play, our chance of winning just doubled.

• Pie 2

so, 2-2 confirmed?

Only real threat would be Kenyan Drake, we could really win this game...

43 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If he can't play, our chance of winning just doubled.

From like 15% to 30%? Still not great odds even with Hopkins out... Pulling for a win but worried about the D against Murray, with or without their top wideout.

• Pie 1

I'm currently recovering from an ankle sprain, it can be a b*tch, honestly worse than a break.

On week 3 with a boot/RICE method.  Good news is the swelling is gone but it still herrrrts. 

2 minutes ago, saX man said:

I'm currently recovering from an ankle sprain, it can be a b*tch, honestly worse than a break.

On week 3 with a boot/RICE method.  Good news is the swelling is gone but it still herrrrts. 

I quit playing bball 15 years ago for this exact reason.  Ankles sprains are the devil. 

Damn, we have gotten very lucky this year if Hopkins doesn’t play. Reminds me of NO last year or the year before when they played GB without Rodgers and a few other games like that. TB didn’t have Godwin, LAC didn’t have Ingram and now Hopkins? That’s 3 stud players at positions that go against very big weaknesses on our side. I don’t recall the Raiders having any key injuries like those 3. Looks like we got the rabbit’s foot on opponents injuries. Makes up for CMC at least for 2 weeks.

Does no one see the irony in celebrating their best player being out a while due to an ankle injury while *clears throat* our best player is also out with an ankle injury 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, DeSim said:

Andy Isabella is not a joke!

51 minutes ago, saX man said:

I had a grade 3 high ankle sprain a few years ago, never again will I think "oh its just a sprain, why don't they just play through it"...that was a mother fuger of pain.

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Damn, we have gotten very lucky this year if Hopkins doesn’t play. Reminds me of NO last year or the year before when they played GB without Rodgers and a few other games like that. TB didn’t have Godwin, LAC didn’t have Ingram and now Hopkins? That’s 3 stud players at positions that go against very big weaknesses on our side. I don’t recall the Raiders having any key injuries like those 3. Looks like we got the rabbit’s foot on opponents injuries. Makes up for CMC at least for 2 weeks.

Raiders didn't have reported injuries, but seemed like Riggins went out of the game quickly when we played them.

1 hour ago, DeSim said:

He’s the kind of RB we struggled with when Ron was here, really hoping we can stop those quick shifty guys this time around 

He doesn't need practice to school our DB's.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

16 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

Raiders didn't have reported injuries, but seemed like Riggins went out of the game quickly when we played them.

Yep, you are correct. He got hurt in the 2nd quarter. He did come back for the second half but wasn’t targeted. He was 3-55 in the first half and had nothing after he returned. They did have a lead so he might not have played much at all in the second half.

34 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He doesn't need practice to school our DB's.

But he does need to play. 

Of course he probably will. But I do think that if they can lose to Detroit, then we at least have a decent shot at beating them.