Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
DJ feed me moore

Texans HC/GM Bill O Brien Fired

Recommended Posts

I for one am shocked, shocked I tell you, that Bill O Brien has lost his job.

  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Their owner is a terrible human who is also terrible at football. As soon as they announced BoB would be the GM this was their future. It's all just so incredibly stupid and it couldn't have happened to nicer people.

If you're talking about Bob McNair, he died. His wife owns the team now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you're talking about Bob McNair, he died. His wife owns the team now.

Thanks for the heads up, I completely missed that. 

Is his wife any better? Obviously at life because the football side answers itself. 

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Thanks for the heads up, I completely missed that. 

Is his wife any better? Obviously at life because the football side answers itself. 

Couldn't tell ya a thing about her, honestly.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texans have always only shot themselves in the foot. From the very beginning, that's what they have done. A crappy GM obtains a few good and a couple great players and surround them with poo coaches and players. They are cut from the same cloth as Cleveland and Detroit. It's their history and their destiny.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Texans have always only shot themselves in the foot. From the very beginning, that's what they have done. A crappy GM obtains a few good and a couple great players and surround them with poo coaches and players. They are cut from the same cloth as Cleveland and Detroit. It's their history and their destiny.

O'Brien was the GM lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, Pantherzack179812 said:

O'Brien was the GM lol

I know which makes it doubly dumb. It's a poo organization that makes bad decisions that kills them for years. They do things that make you thinkbtgey are turning the corner and then deflate GIF

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I know which makes it doubly dumb. It's a poo organization that makes bad decisions that kills them for years. They do things that make you thinkbtgey are turning the corner and then deflate GIF

and then you remember we're talking about texas.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Varking said:

I didn’t think he was a world beater for a coach but he was a god awful GM. 

I actually thought he was a solid HC, but yeah the recent GM moves completely did him in. The schedule for them to start this year didn't help either.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you're talking about Bob McNair, he died. His wife owns the team now.

Wife may "own" it but pretty sure she's not involved at all. Their son Cal McNair is running the show.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, t96 said:

When was the last time a coach was fired this early in the season?

 

19 hours ago, DJ feed me moore said:

pretty sure hugh jackson got canned from the browns in week 4 2018

Hue was fired after week 8, last time it happened this early was when the Dolphins fired Joe Philbin after week 4 of 2015.

Edited by DeSim
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The division sucks so bad they will all still be in the playoff hunt until seasons end.... Rivera is the most likely to he canned IMHO

No chance whatsoever that Rivera gets canned this year.  DC has enough PR problems, but firing a coach going thru Cancer treatment?  Even Snyder isn't that dumb.   

I could see Rivera stepping down temporarily if the treatment really wears on him or god forbid, it doesn't work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


16 minutes ago, t96 said:

Wife may "own" it but pretty sure she's not involved at all. Their son Cal McNair is running the show.

I couldn't tell you much about him either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Couldn't tell ya a thing about her, honestly.

She is old and rich.  I wonder if she needs a younger lover.  lol

  • The D 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I couldn't tell you much about him either.

Me neither but seems to be a chip off the old block

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Varking said:

I didn’t think he was a world beater for a coach but he was a god awful GM. 

I believe he won the division 4 out of the last 5 years, Id take that. Plus the beginning for this year they had the very first game(convid BS, no TC) at Chiefs, followed by Ravens, at Steelers, then Vikings. Talk about one unfair start, NFL stuck it in deeeeeeeep.

As a GM, he got took to the wood shed. Even during the draft, philly traded up just before them to pick Dillard. That set off him panicking the rest of the draft by reaching for players/OL. Getting very low value for Clowney and Hopkins, just could not happen. Sometimes its too much of a task to do both, but coaching wise hes petty good. Worst at GMing than Smarty Marty tho. 

Edited by Basbear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...