Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

It's Falcons Week Ya'll - Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons thread

that cheap shot artist kazeem or whatever his name is got injured pretty serious last night.  maybe we don't have to worry about him headhunting 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

The Falcons have worst defense in the NFC South. As a matter of fact they have the 2nd worst defense in the NFL in terms of yards given up,  and points allowed, they are exactly what many people thought the Panthers would be coming into the season a team with an ok offense and horrible defense.

True, but they are actually 10th in rush yards allowed. 3 of their losses have been to teams with very strong pass games, a problem with their decimated secondary (SEA, DAL, GB). I agree with you but think the run game may be more of a challenge for us this week than in the past two games.

8 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

The Falcons have worst defense in the NFC South. As a matter of fact they have the 2nd worst defense in the NFL in terms of yards given up,  and points allowed, they are exactly what many people thought the Panthers would be coming into the season a team with an ok offense and horrible defense.

Comparably the Panthers are the 11th ranked defense in the league. Strength will go against strength as the Falcons have a potent passing attack meanwhile the Panthers pass defense is it's strength and near the top of the league. 

I predicted we would beat the Chargers and followed up the next week and said I thought the Cardinals would be an even more winnable game.

We are a bad matchup for this Falcons team whose season is hanging in the balance.

If the Panthers come out focused I think we see a similar result from last week.

Prediction Panthers 27 - Falcons 17 

Funny considering the ball duster Quinn is a defensive coach.  Kazee is out too.  

Man, .everything I get positive out of the Panthers this year is just gravy.  I conditioned myself into not expecting anything and just be prepared for whatever.  Watching the new players get better every week has been great imo. 

Very excited to see our trending upward defense against the Falcons offense.  Even without Julio, they have a bunch of weapons and Ryan has had a field day picking our defense apart the last few years. 

Also very excited to see our Offense against the depleted Atlanta secondary.  

But, it's a division game so..who knows wtf is going to happen.   

• Pie 6

10 minutes ago, crowntownpanther said:

True, but they are actually 10th in rush yards allowed. 3 of their losses have been to teams with very strong pass games, a problem with their decimated secondary (SEA, DAL, GB). I agree with you but think the run game may be more of a challenge for us this week than in the past two games.

Passing is the strength of our offense. Last game was the first time our running game really got off this season. 

We should be able to exploit Atlanta's secondary and their pass rush has been slightly better than the Panthers but nothing to write home about.

Their only chance is winning in a shooutout and even then they can't hold leads. If the Panthers defense continues it's level of play against the Falcons we will leave with our 3rd straight W of the season. . 

Posted (edited)
Ian, here's your opportunity to announce yourself

TEs vs ATL in last three weeks:

Dalton Schultz (DAL) - 9 rec, 88 yds, TD
Jimmy Graham (CHI) - 6 rec, 60 yds, 2 TDs
Robert Tonyan (GB) - 6 rec, 98 yds, 3 TDs
Edited by Captain Morgan
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He will miss practice at the very least. 

If he doesn't play, the game becomes much more winnable for the Panthers, obviously. 

Even if he plays on a hurt hammy, that is a huge advantage for our team. 

Posted (edited)

Hot damn if we win this game... Like I expect us to but it would still feel SO DAMN GOOD

Falcons imo are worse than Cardinals and Chargers, but its a division game so anything goes

Edited by Mage
  • Beer 2

Posted (edited)

They aren't expecting ANYTHING over at their main forum. Not even talking about us. 

Edited by pantherclaw

2 hours ago, raz said:

that cheap shot artist kazeem or whatever his name is got injured pretty serious last night.  maybe we don't have to worry about him headhunting 

Yep, came here to post exactly what you said. Karma’s a b!tch

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

i had completely forgotten about the incident from a non-memorable season until they said his name and it all came rushing back

10 minutes ago, raz said:

i had completely forgotten about the incident from a non-memorable season until they said his name and it all came rushing back

Somehow it’s even worse than I remembered 

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Somehow it’s even worse than I remembered 

omfg i hate that dude

Darqueze Dennard and AJ Terrell are going to be out (IR & COVID), so there goes their #1 & #2 CBs. Kazee just popped his achilles, so there goes the guy they have that can play any of the DB positions. Their two starting safeties, Neal & Allen, both missed this last game with injuries. Julio and Ridley, their #1 & #2 WRs, were questionable for the game before playing. Julio and Neal have hamstring issues which are going to nag them this week. Their kicker missed last week as did Tak McKinley.

Couple that with their OL being suspect (especially that right side with Lindstrom & McGary), the team has an opportunity to keep the momentum going while the Falcons deal with all of these injuries and more on a shorter week. 

56 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

He's also in his contract year.  That injury is going to cost him millions.

Karma GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Beer 1