Carolina Huddle
Jeremy Igo

Chicago Bears at Carolina Panthers - Matchup and Discussion

Very good chance that with a win we will be in sole possession of 1st in the NFCS with the Saints on a bye and the Bucs playing the Packers.

Imagine even thinking that 6 weeks ago

• Pie 4

I think this game comes down to turnovers, can we give our offense a short field and can we avoid giving Nick Foles any gimmies. Seems obvious, but i think it especially applies to this game with our strengths going up against their strengths, and our weaknesses going up against their weaknesses

• Beer 2

39 minutes ago, Pantherfan84 said:

You lost me at Nagy being a solid coach. The way he called that game at the end against Bucs should have been a loss. He is not a good coach at all!

12-4

8-8

4-1 (so far)

With Trubisky/Foles at QB...

• Pie 1

Two points I'd like to make:

1) their anemic running game (95.4 YPG) will be unable to exploit our greatest weakness;

2) besides Mack, the other Bear we must negate is Cordarrelle Patterson.  I'm not talking about his position as WR, but about his abilities as their KR.

He's gained 468 yds on 15 KRs this year -- that's a huge factor in a field position game, which this could well turn into.

Ah, but our big advantage there is Joey Slye, who forces touchbacks on almost every kickoff.  If he can continue to perform like that (hopefully often!), the Panthers can handle every other aspect of their scoring threats.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Pantherfan84 said:

Look at their defense last three years, it's not because of Nagy being a good offensive mind.

To have a .650 win percentage with TERRIBLE QB play is extremely impressive. He's the head coach and gets credit for that. 

• Beer 1

From reading their message boards, they've all drank the kool-ade and think they are a Superbowl contender. They play the Rams, Saints, and Titans in the weeks after the Panthers. They're about to come back to earth very quickly. They're about the luckiest team in the NFL right now. They're a Detroit RB drop and an Atlanta meltdown from being 2-3. 

• Poo 1

All I have to say is this:  I always wanted to get Detroit, Cincinnati, and Chicago on the schedule consecutively so I could post this:skipping wizard of oz GIF

Oh my!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

I just want our game to result in more videos of Foles yelling at Nagy for being an idiot while Trubisky listens in like “preach”!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It probably comes down to which version of Nick Foles shows up. He can be very good, but he can also be very bad. If we can pressure him early, that would bode well for us. If we can't and he gets in rhythm that would not bode well for us.

I'd say it is more likely to depend on keeping Teddy clean. If we allow a lot of pass rush pressure, I shudder to think about some of the sketchy passes that he threw in the Tampa game to those DB's. 

I think if we can limit the TO's, we win this game. 

this is gonna be really tough. they match up very well against us.

this is not a team you want to get in third and long against.

YGM and burns didn’t practice today...we need them both on the field

donte at least out there today...we may have him for his regular 1st quarter appearance before he goes down

14 hours ago, Bartin said:

I saw a stat the other day that the Bears have the two best CBs in the entire NFL by passer rating allowed on throws into their coverage and Eddie Jackson behind them is an elite safety. Oh and they also have Khalil Mack. This is going to be quite the test for Brady, Teddy and the WRs. Pretty excited to see how it goes. This is the kind of matchup that will tell us just how legit the offense is.

I expect us to work on the linebackers, nickels and safeties  The point of the scheme is to use mismatches, overloads and misdirection to make a team defend the whole field and keep them from trying to take away your offensive weapons with their best corners unless they play man which benefits our run and screen game.

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, Pantherfan84 said:

And a Tom Brady forgetting what down it was 1-4.

That had nothing to do with it. Explain how?