Carolina Huddle
micnificent28

Sources: Jets looking to trade quinnen williams

1 hour ago, Dex said:

I would pull the trigger on our 2nd and a 6th. But I don't think they let him go for that.

Or a 3rd and Curtis Samuel. :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

3rd and Samuel? In a heartbeat 

We shouldn’t be trading Samuel. The kinda luck this team has we trade a guy and then his positional teammate goes down. 

• Beer 1

I'd trade 2 2nd round picks for him.  Even throw in a 4th.  He's worth that IMO, especially at 22 years old with years left on his rookie deal

No no to a 1st though.  At least for us.  For another team I could see him being worth a 1st.  Dude can play.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Mage said:

I'd trade 2 2nd round picks for him.  Even throw in a 4th.  He's worth that IMO, especially at 22 years old with years left on his rookie deal

No no to a 1st though.  At least for us.  For another team I could see him being worth a 1st.  Dude can play.

This is the correct answer... and I might even be talked into turning that 4 into a 3

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

I’d send them Whitehead and KK

Shut up

per ben allbright they are not, I trust him over this dude 

Jets trading away top 5 picks? Hell Yes! Hurneymagic better make it happen! Jets have players with potential, they are just utilized wrong by their coaches. Trading away Jamal Adams did wonders for his career! Brown and Williams? Yes please!

Folks, if they are giving up on a first rounder from 2019 this quickly, I would not trade a bunch for him.  I do trust Rhule to get the most out of a player, but he lost the respect of the fans in less than 1 season.  Robby prolly knows the scoop.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Folks, if they are giving up on a first rounder from 2019 this quickly, I would not trade a bunch for him.  I do trust Rhule to get the most out of a player, but he lost the respect of the fans in less than 1 season.  Robby prolly knows the scoop.

All Adam Gases old players thrive when they leave him, Robby Anderson currently is with us, we should pick up the phone and at least ask what they want for him

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think more of B'oB than I do Gase. I wouldnt doubt it if the  players lost respect for Gase a long time ago. Watching them that team looks like it has no faith or confidence in him. If I were the Jets, I would fire Gase before entertaining any offers for QW or anyone else. A 3rd and a Jimmy Pickles autographed highlight DVD aught to get it done though.

11 hours ago, Mage said:

That’s way too much. 2 2nds means losing two starters. Don’t give me the Hurney just wastes them because he’s a lackey right now.

Let’s put it this way, with those 2 2nds, we could be trading Erik McCoy or Elgton Jenkins (C/Gs) and YGM. Heck you guys mentioned a 3rd/4th. We traded up from our 3rd to get Chinn.

When Marty isn’t pulling the strings we can pull some talent. Williams has just been OK so far. Is he good enough over a DT we could get in the 2nd this year or Roy/Kerr/Hamilton who could turn into say a young Love that you’d give up plugging 2 to 3 more starter holes. We have 1 OL among our current starters under contract in 2021 (Paradis). Giving up prime picks for IOL would be a bad move IMHO. 2nd round is a great place for IOL because they aren’t valued high enough and typically the ones that go in the first are barely better than the guys who go in the 2nd but some team reaches for a Lindstrom (over Burns lol) and Bradbury.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

That’s way too much. 2 2nds means losing two starters. Don’t give me the Hurney just wastes them because he’s a lackey right now.

But you are gaining one starter.  So you are only losing one POTENTIAL starter for guy who'd go top 10 in most drafts. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Jets trading away top 5 picks? Hell Yes! Hurneymagic better make it happen! Jets have players with potential, they are just utilized wrong by their coaches. Trading away Jamal Adams did wonders for his career! Brown and Williams? Yes please!

Please don’t compare Williams to Adams. Adam’s was a stud with the Jets, it’s not close to the same situation. They didn’t want to have to pay him as the top safety salary wise and got a nice haul. Williams has been a disappointment.

Just now, Mage said:

But you are gaining one starter.  So you are only losing one POTENTIAL starter for guy who'd go top 10 in most drafts. 

I don’t think he’d go top 10 in a redraft. The draft is over and sometimes (many times) top 5 picks don’t live up to the hype. If you are looking at where he was drafted versus how good he’s been then you are looking at the wrong thing. Again, our last two 2nds and 3rd (with a trade up) “should” have netted us Erik McCoy, YGM and Chinn. Are you really willing to give that up for Williams hoping he’ll be better than he’s been? I’m not. If it was Hurney and Rivera still, maybe I would because I’d have no faith.

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

3rd and Samuel? In a heartbeat 

Extend Moton & Anderson right after?

kim chi applause GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race S8

• Beer 1