Carolina Huddle
micnificent28

Sources: Jets looking to trade quinnen williams

9 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

All Adam Gases old players thrive when they leave him, Robby Anderson currently is with us, we should pick up the phone and at least ask what they want for him

While true, that really only applies to offensive players. Ryan Tannehill, Kenyan Drake, Robby Anderson, Devante Parker and Mike Gesicki.

15 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The tank is on in NY!

Well technically NJ. The Bills are actually pretty good. 

24 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Is he good enough to warrant a 2nd? It doesn't seem like he's been much of a player.

Guy is only 22. A lot of his struggles could be blamed on the 3-4 defense. Still oozing with potential. His potential is defiantly higher than anyone you would normally get in the second round. Most talking heads said Williams would go ahead of brown if they were in the same class.

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Guy is only 22. A lot of his struggles could be blamed on the 3-4 defense. Still oozing with potential. His potential is defiantly higher than anyone you would normally get in the second round. Most talking heads said Williams would go ahead of brown if they were in the same class.

what has he actually produced? 

Edited by Mistuh Jones
typo

31 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

what has he actually produced? 

I mean at this point couldn't we say the same about brown if we trying to point out production?  The devil is in the details. Plus its the jets... robby came here looks like a stud.same with adams. Everything looks better out of a jets uniform.

A wise scout told me you scout traits not production. Production is a symptom of traits not the other way around. Looking at production and not traits is why a lot of people missed on Herbert. They saw his Oregon production and assumed he can't do something.

Edited by micnificent28

I’d take Williams for a 5th, Leonard that is. 

He’s a UFA after this season so the cost wouldn’t be as high. Not sure what he’s looking for this off season money wise but with KK most likely done he’s someone we could try to retain. I don’t like the idea of trading for a rental right now.

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

But it's like getting to redraft after seeing how the player actually is. It might all be someone else's fault but that's a gamble to find out. Where a player goes or is predicted to go in a hypothetical situation is irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I’d take Williams for a 5th, Leonard that is. 

He’s a UFA after this season so the cost wouldn’t be as high. Not sure what he’s looking for this off season money wise but with KK most likely done he’s someone we could try to retain. I don’t like the idea of trading for a rental right now.

Are you suggesting they would give up a 22 year old top 3 pick they drafted last year for a 5th?Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Edited by micnificent28

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

But it's like getting to redraft after seeing how the player actually is. It might all be someone else's fault but that's a gamble to find out. Where a player goes or is predicted to go in a hypothetical situation is irrelevant.

The draft itself is a gamble... the safer bet is the guys drafted at the top have higher odds on hitting. Better chance he hits his potential because he has the tools to be dominate than insert random guy who falls to the second round next season for whatever reason. 

Edited by micnificent28

5 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I mean at this point couldn't we say the same about brown if we trying to point out production?  The devil is in the details. Plus its the jets... robby came here looks like a stud.same with adams. Everything looks better out of a jets uniform.

A wise scout told me you scout traits not production. Production is a symptom of traits not the other way around. Looking at production and not traits is why a lot of people missed on Herbert. They saw his Oregon production and assumed he can't do something.

Brown has played 5 total games with no offseason. He's a work in progress.  Though this is irrelevant to the discussion of Quinnen Williams.

Just now, micnificent28 said:

Are you suggesting they would give up a 22 year old top 3 pick they drafted last year for a 5th?Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Are you trying to tell everyone that you can’t read?

18 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Leonard Williams was drafted in 2015 and is on his second team. 

Edited by Moo Daeng

Leonard Williams isn’t happening for a few reasons

1. The Giants just traded a 3rd and 5th for him last year so Gettleman might as well sign his resignation later if he gives him up for less

2. He’s on the franchise tag so it would cost us around $10-12M(depending on the time of the trade) of cap space this year when that cap space can otherwise be rolled over into next year when the cap will be $175M where it is extremely valuable.

3. Pretty sure Gettleman still hates us even though it’s new ownership so I really don’t see him doing us any favors.

He’s also nothing special. He’s pretty good against the run but well below average as a pass rusher. For what he is getting paid this year and what he will likely get on his next contract he is way overpaid.