Carolina Huddle

TheSpecialJuan

Yetur Gross-Matos has been impressive

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

That’s crazy! I felt like he hadn’t been getting close to the QB but I could just be focused on other things while watching. 

• Pie 1

Yeah, considering his low snap count sure seems like I'm noticing him (in a good way) a lot more than I would expect 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Him and Burns have both been killing it with the quick inside swim moves when they're out in the wider sets.  They're starting to utilize it more than just the outside speed.  If we can get a rotation working with Brown on the inside (Kerr, Roy, etc.), things could really open up come mid season.

I think YGM just has super well rounded potential. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

People were calling him a bust after 1 game.

Reality will not deter this practice.  Way too early to say boom or bust.  Can only say he is developing better than expected at this point and things are very positive in my eyes.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Now please go out and make a trade for Quinnen Williams(at the right price) to make our team a VERY formidable front 4 all on rookie deals please Hurney! We need some depth / gap integrity on the interior line that can play 3 tech.

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, considering his low snap count sure seems like I'm noticing him (in a good way) a lot more than I would expect 

Exactly. What's amazing to me is how quick he is catching on, didn't expect him to really start hitting his stride until next year honestly with how raw of a talent he was coming out of college. If you look at his tape he's gotten better each and every game. Don't know how I feel about Snow using him at DT (ex. Todd Gurley TD run) but on obvious passing downs I guess.

46 minutes ago, Panther Believer said:

Exactly. What's amazing to me is how quick he is catching on, didn't expect him to really start hitting his stride until next year honestly with how raw of a talent he was coming out of college. If you look at his tape he's gotten better each and every game. Don't know how I feel about Snow using him at DT (ex. Todd Gurley TD run) but on obvious passing downs I guess.

Yeah, we've done that with big FTs in the past in passing situations too. Seems like I recall Ealy in particular kicking inside quite a bit on third and longs. If that gets your best pass rushers on the field I'm fine with it.

• Pie 1

YGM would move inside on obvious passing downs sometimes at Penn St as well, this isn’t new to him