Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Scot

Bridgewater was almost a Bear

Joe Person mentioned in his analysis of this weekend's game that the Bears were in talks with Bridgewater before he signed with us.

No word on what the difference was, but since it was a quick turnaround you can speculate more years or more money. Joe Brady could also have been a factor.

So between Bridgewater and Davis, the Bears will have two players that could have been theirs.

• Pie 2

I assume an essentially-guaranteed starting spot in Carolina as well.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, PantherExpress said:

I wonder if they’re having any buyers regret? :thinking:
Only time will tell..

At 4-1, likely not yet but I think that time will come soon even though I like Foles.

All I’m sayings...... if Teddy plays out the rest of the year like he did the first quarter...We got a steal for 20 million a year. Fight me.

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

At 4-1, likely not yet but I think that time will come soon even though I like Foles.

I agree. Right now, probably not. But we’ll see how the rest of the year plays out. I’m still shocked they didn’t roll with Cam. Though, that would have been a lot of pressure on Bisky with Cam on the sideline waiting for him to screw up. 

14 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

All I’m sayings...... if Teddy plays out the rest of the year like he did the first quarter...We got a steal for 20 million a year. Fight me.

Absolutely agree. If he can maintain that level of play then he absolutely deserves the spot and we don’t need to think about QB until he isn’t maintaining that level. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That is probably the only time I’ve ever read “fears Trubisky’s presence”. Not really discounting that report, just noticing the wording lol

• Pie 5

49 minutes ago, PantherExpress said:

That is probably the only time I’ve ever read “fears Trubisky’s presence”. Not really discounting that report, just noticing the wording lol

Yeah, they wanted him to participate in some sort of fake QB competition.  It's pretty well known on the Bears boards that Foles was the best QB in the (admittedly limited) preseason, but Nagy anointed his bust of a first round pick the starter.

Teddy wasn't afraid, he just didn't want to play that game.

• Pie 2

52 minutes ago, PantherExpress said:

Yeah, I was going to say I wouldn't be afraid to bet on myself versus Mitch Trubisky.

Now with that said, no competition is still better than weak competition.

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Haha some Chicago talk radio hack was still holding on to whatever hope he had with that bust of a QB so he strung the words “fear” “presence” “Trubisky” and “competition” together  

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Absolutely agree. If he can maintain that level of play then he absolutely deserves the spot and we don’t need to think about QB until he isn’t maintaining that level. 

Teddy's just getting warmed up....this contract (while probably short-lived) will end up looking like the steal of the decade. 

20 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Haha some Chicago talk radio hack was still holding on to whatever hope he had with that bust of a QB so he strung the words “fear” “presence” “Trubisky” and “competition” together  

You nailed it.

That tweet really is one of the more laughable things ever put into print.

Edited by SizzleBuzz