Carolina Huddle
ladypanther

These high ankle sprains....

getting loose won't help you if you roll your ankle, nothing will - except being julius peppers - who i remember rolling his whole foot sideways and missing like 2 plays, and playing the next week.  i think it was against tampa during his first time here

42 minutes ago, raz said:

getting loose won't help you if you roll your ankle, nothing will - except being julius peppers - who i remember rolling his whole foot sideways and missing like 2 plays, and playing the next week.  i think it was against tampa during his first time here

Reading the article I cited in the op...that most likely results  in an ankle sprain...not high ankle sprain injury.  From that article:

A high ankle sprain is caused by an inversion or dorsiflexion trauma to the syndesmosis, usually resulting from a sudden twisting, turning or cutting motion while a person is running or jumping. They are most common in athletes who play high-impact running sports like football, soccer, basketball and lacrosse. Unfortunately, there is no high ankle sprain brace that has been shown to prevent these injuries. The best way to avoid this injury is continual performance training for strength and flexibility, including appropriate stretching exercises (especially just prior to playing sports).

13 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Just for my information who was the third? Cmc, Matos and who else? 

Thanks in advance! 

Reggie Bonnafon I think?

Edited by philit99
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Or are we just having a run of bad luck?  I am looking for you guys who are super athletes yourself to weigh in.

I tore my knee up carrying in groceries... I am definitely not the super athlete that should offer an opinion here.

• Beer 2

Idk, I think it's one of the more common injuries I've seen in football, and in sports in general over the years.  I remember DWill had one a several years back that took a long time to get over.

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Idk, I think it's one of the more common injuries I've seen in football, and in sports in general over the years.  I remember DWill had one a several years back that took a long time to get over.

to be fair it takes dwill a long time to get over anything

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2

On 10/17/2020 at 7:20 AM, Khyber53 said:

I tore my knee up carrying in groceries... I am definitely not the super athlete that should offer an opinion here.

I threw my back out a couple months ago just by slightly leaning over to turn on the shower but my tub has a slight downward lean and my body position was kind of wonky.  It is def not a position I have found myself in many times....insane that these things can happen with just the smallest tweak to what you are used to doing, can't imagine playing football professionally with all the twisting and bending they put on their joints.  It's almost amazing that MORE injuries do not happen.  

• Pie 1