Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Defense is two starters away from being very good.

If we can get a competent MLB  (not even Luke level, I'd be happy with an AJ Klein like player) and another DL man to get doubles to free up our Edges or Brown...I'd be ok with Boston back there as long as Burris is there to hold his hand.  

41 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Also, if we're "fine" at safety. We're "fine" at QB as well. 

I definitely want to upgrade from Teddy, but it's an insult to Teddy to equate him to the offensive version of Tre Boston. Honestly, they're kind of polar opposites. I think Bridgewater is making the most of his physical talents while I think Tre has the physical talents to be a much better player.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I definitely want to upgrade from Teddy, but it's an insult to Teddy to equate him to the offensive version of Tre Boston. Honestly, they're kind of polar opposites. I think Bridgewater is making the most of his physical talents while I think Tre has the physical talents to be a much better player.

Tre makes mental mistakes, misses tackles, and generally appears to display 1/2 effort.  I agree with your statement. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Our secondary has been fine, safeties included, losing Justin Burris might change that now.

Our biggest need is middle linebacker and another pass rushing De. We are not getting consistent pressure outside of Burns. 

• Pie 1

How cool would it be if in our next home game.....

Luke comes dropping in from the rafters like Sting back in the day....and makes his glorious return!!!!

See the source image

*gonna need Tepper to throw a roof up real quick for this to then have a shot. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fair assessment, and I won't argue with it. 

Tre has his moments in coverage but his tackling is atrocious 

• Pie 1

Imagine if Kuechly had played this season...

Anyway, if Marty knows how to draft any position, it’s linebacker 

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Middle Linebacker. 

Free Safety.

If these two positions can be upgraded this offseason, this defense will rank top 10 for many years. I a not even talking superstars at FS and MLB. I am just talking average starters in the NFL. That would be a huge step up. 

I agree but I'd add CB. I think we're playing off WR's to prevent getting beat over top. 

I don't remember Whiteheads contract but maybe we can keep his as a backup. 

Just now, PantherPhann89 said:

I agree but I'd add CB. I think we're playing off WR's to prevent getting beat over top. 

If Tre Boston was your last line of defense you'd be playing off too.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Tre Boston was your last line of defense you'd be playing off too.

Trey Boston isn't terrible but he isn't great either. Playing off is giving teams a manageable 3rd down. Trey Boston has never been as good of a tackler as he can make a play on the ball.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Trey Boston isn't terrible but he isn't great either. Playing off is giving teams a manageable 3rd down. Trey Boston has never been as good of a tackler as he can make a play on the ball.

I disagree. Tre is terrible.

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Boston is fine. His tackling issues wouldn’t be so obvious with a competent MLB. Boston should’ve had that interception at the end of the first half and those are the plays he has to make.

I actually think our biggest need is an end to pair with Burns. Burns is special and he’s literally our entire pass rush

YGM will be paired with Burns for the foreseeable future.  Hes just hurt right now.

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I disagree. Tre is terrible.

There are degrees of play, but ultimately it boils down to two classes: good enough or not good enough.

I put Tre in the latter.

• Pie 1

maybe we’ll be in play to draft parsons in the 1st. that would make me spooge for days. i don’t think we’ll draft high enough for him, but you never know.

• Pie 1