Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
pantherdad

CMC out vs the Saints?

Just heard on the local sports report on the radio that CMC will not be active this Sunday vs the Saints. Anyone else heard this report? Didn’t think that we would hear until tomorrow at the earliest. With it being a division game, I thought that we could really use him

Edited by pantherdad

Had a notif appear on my feed saying the same so seems to be true.

Would suck. But hey more time to see what the rest of this offense can do without Cmac.

As expected. It was supposed to be a six week injury. This week's game will only be five weeks out.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

They're committed to not putting him back on the field until he's 100% healthy.

(i.e. the anti-Rivera strategy)

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

I had heard some speculation that he might return for the ATL game. Would have been tough for him to play 2 games in 5 days coming off the injury. 

• Pie 3

Rest him another week. I feel like we have more of a legit shot of winning next Thursday than Sunday. But that’s not to say we can’t win on Sunday. 

Love to see it. Wait till your star is 100% good to go unlike Rivera era, forcing your star out there at 60% just to cover up the ineptitude of coaching, while risking serious injury. 

Realistically he won't be back until the Chiefs game 

This may be hearsay but this is an article I read, 

Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey isn't expected to play Sunday against the Saints, Garafolo and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. The All-Pro has been sidelined since suffering a high-ankle sprain in Week 2. While CMC is close to returning, Carolina is being cautious in hopes of having him healthy for next Thursday's game versus the Falcons, Pelissero added. The Panthers placed safety Juston Burris and wide receiver Keith Kirkwood on injured reserve and elevated safety Kenny Robinson and offensive lineman Sam Tecklenburg from their practice squad.

Edited by DC Amp

1 minute ago, DC Amp said:

This may be hearsay but this is an article I read, 

Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey isn't expected to play Sunday against the Saints, Garafolo and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. The All-Pro has been sidelined since suffering a high-ankle sprain in Week 2. While CMC is close to returning, Carolina is being cautious in hopes of having him healthy for next Thursday's game versus the Falcons, Pelissero added. The Panthers placed safety Juston Burris and wide receiver Keith Kirkwood on injured reserve and elevated safety Kenny Robinson and offensive lineman Sam Tecklenburg from their practice squad.

Aa

Seems legit

• Pie 1

The question is what about Davis, he is injured too. No Bonnafon, Trenton Cannon I don't feel has the oompf any of them did and is being kept around as a ST play.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

4-3 or 3-4 without CMC is pretty dang solid. 

Hopefully he comes back fully healthy for the Thursday night game and we go on a roll

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Two more weeks is the word 

Take all the time necessary. No more rushing guys back out when they aren't ready.

4 hours ago, Harbingers said:

The question is what about Davis, he is injured too. No Bonnafon, Trenton Cannon I don't feel has the oompf any of them did and is being kept around as a ST play.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Cannon is just the opposite of Davis.  Sneeze on him and he'll go down.  He has speed but little else.