Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
JABANOG

Is Teddy competitive enough?

Teddy is a competitor, but I still don't consider him franchise quarterback material. He's good enough to get this team to the playoffs at some point, but he will never take this team to the superbowl without a top tier defense. 7/10 stars. 

He’s competitive. More concerned about the entire offenses lack of killer instinct. Panthers have had a chance to win or tie in the 4th quarter of all 4 losses and the offense has played like a bunch of assholes with the game on the line. If Teddy goes the entire season without a 4th quarter comeback, drafting a new QB is a MUST.

34 minutes ago, Icege said:

To be fair the Mahomes/Watson moment was in the first quarter of that game and not when time was critical but yeah, IMO it's a silly thing to nitpick Teddy for. I have my own criticisms and opinion of Teddy but his competitive fire is not one of them.

Now, if his teammates ended up flaming him for it that would signify an action that didn't fit the culture/mindset of the team as a whole then it's perhaps an issue. I highly doubt anyone on the team thought twice about it though.

5 hours ago, JABANOG said:

Is Teddy competitive enough? During that last drive when he sits on the saints bench with Brees joking around on a game winning drive. Where is his edge? 

Are you kidding?

• Pie 1

I'd be concerned if Teddy was joking around with the defense. 

He never actually plays against Brees. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I'd be concerned if Teddy was joking around with the defense. 

He never actually plays against Brees. 

Good one!  Touche'

Cant recall which game or games it was, but I noticed Teddy smiling at a point in a game where i'd expect any player to be pissed, serious and dialed in. He def isn't a Tom Brady with his demeanor on the field. 

Overall though, I like Teddy. 

1 hour ago, Agent Blue said:

Cant recall which game or games it was, but I noticed Teddy smiling at a point in a game where i'd expect any player to be pissed, serious and dialed in. He def isn't a Tom Brady with his demeanor on the field. 

Overall though, I like Teddy. 

He saw the nippick

I cannot believe this is even a talking point, he was in New Orleans with those guys for 2 years, they became friends. 

He was joking around, he did not sit on the bench and tell Drew he was gonna take a fall. 

Teddy has been good enough at QB for us to have a winning record right now, we are sitting with less talent than most other teams in the league and we have yet to get blown out. The team is trending in the right direction. 

competitive?  lemme tell you about the time he punched my granny in the face over a pinochle game.