Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

nctarheelreincarnated

Anthony Edwards: Yeah, I would prefer to play football. It's my passion.

Recommended Posts



39 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

 

He sounds really immature there.  Hope he goes at 1 atp.  Wiseman at 2 as well.  I think Wiseman will end up being very pedestrian in the NBA.  Really worries me that he has not been challenged by people his size yet.  How is he going to respond to that?  He has a long way to go development wise IMO.

Edited by Shocker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

He sounds really immature there.  Hope he goes at 1 atp.  Wiseman at 2 as well.  I think Wiseman will end up being very pedestrian in the NBA.  Really worries me that he has not been challenged by people his size yet.  How is he going to respond to that?  He has a long way to go development wise IMO.

I'm good with Weisman or LaMelo at this point. Edwards work ethic sounds awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, he just verbalized exactly why I have been saying I don't want any part of him.  He has the biggest bust potential of the draft, and what he says here is a huge reason why.  When I watch him, that's what his game looks like to me - "I'm just doing it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He must be watching old film of the NFL if he thinks you can do whatever you want and not get fined lol.

I’m working on a theory. It could be complete nonsense...but, when I see a picture of his face I have the same reaction that I had to Kelvin Benjamin: chubby, feminine. Does chubby face warn of work ethic issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

He must be watching old film of the NFL if he thinks you can do whatever you want and not get fined lol.

I’m working on a theory. It could be complete nonsense...but, when I see a picture of his face I have the same reaction that I had to Kelvin Benjamin: chubby, feminine. Does chubby face warn of work ethic issues?

Big Ben seems to work pretty hard...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Big Ben seems to work pretty hard...

As I said, could be complete nonsense lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

As I said, could be complete nonsense lol.

Then again, there's Takk McKinley and Vernon Butler...

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I was most excited about Edwards before seeing this. This is a HUGE red flag to me. I wouldn't touch him now, I hope he goes before us. Not a fan of Ball either so I guess it's Wiseman or bust for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may really hurt his stock. What a dumb thing to say just before the draft. But, it could also speak that he likes physicality. Shows that he will be a physical player. No one is drafting him to play football tomorrow or 5 years from now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, t96 said:

Honestly, I was most excited about Edwards before seeing this. This is a HUGE red flag to me. I wouldn't touch him now, I hope he goes before us. Not a fan of Ball either so I guess it's Wiseman or bust for me...

It's why I turned my " ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT" pick from Wiseman to Edwards as the pre-draft process unfolded.  I watched some interviews and more of his games/highlights, and it all just seemed uninspired.  All these guys are risky at the top of this draft, but if Wiseman or Ball don't develop to their potential, you still have something there because of the size and athleticism in Wiseman's case, and the playmaking, size at his position for Ball.  But with Edwards, the floor is way, way lower...  and now he's even admitting he doesn't love the game essentially?  No thanks.  And I wasn't all that impressed with his on-court abilities either.

But, as I've said all along, I want Melo...  I really hope we can get him.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Watched some interviews and seriously with Okongwu’s foot injury I want Lamelo now.  I love the kid and he no doubt has that star potential we need.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It's why I turned my " ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT" pick from Wiseman to Edwards as the pre-draft process unfolded.  I watched some interviews and more of his games/highlights, and it all just seemed uninspired.  All these guys are risky at the top of this draft, but if Wiseman or Ball don't develop to their potential, you still have something there because of the size and athleticism in Wiseman's case, and the playmaking, size at his position for Ball.  But with Edwards, the floor is way, way lower...  and now he's even admitting he doesn't love the game essentially?  No thanks.  And I wasn't all that impressed with his on-court abilities either.

But, as I've said all along, I want Melo...  I really hope we can get him.

I'll try to trust Mitch and will be excited regardless of the pick but yeah I agree with you. I'm very skeptical about Ball but there's no doubt he has a ton of talent and potential. If Edwards had the mindset, which it seems he doesn't, I think he'd become an elite SG like a Wade and would be huge to have to build around, but I think he's more likely to bust the more I read about him... Wiseman solid but has concerns as well. Not a great draft at all to have a top 3 pick in.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lavar is absolutely hilarious...

 

Edited by Shocker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

He must be watching old film of the NFL if he thinks you can do whatever you want and not get fined lol.

I’m working on a theory. It could be complete nonsense...but, when I see a picture of his face I have the same reaction that I had to Kelvin Benjamin: chubby, feminine. Does chubby face warn of work ethic issues?

Lol wtf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...