Carolina Huddle

nctarheelreincarnated

NBA Draft Thread 11/18 8 PM EST ESPN. Post your rumors, picks, opinions, etc here.

1 hour ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I'm starting to wonder if this is BS.  I want Melo, but the flood of news about us wanting him now, the day of the draft...  it just seems a bit convenient.

I hope that the Warriors make that trade so we can get Wiseman or Edwards. I’d be extremely hyped. I wanted Ball at first. Became scared of him but after last night watching some more of him, I wouldn’t mind him. 

Oh god, it would just be the most Hornets thing ever to take Ball.  Let's hope they don't pull the trigger for him/this is just a smokescreen.   He's a chucker who can't play defense. I don't care how gifted a passer you are, that recipe is not going to be very successful in the league and is certainly not worth the #3 overall.

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

Oh god, it would just be the most Hornets thing ever to take Ball.  Let's hope they don't pull the trigger for him/this is just a smokescreen.   He's a chucker who can't play defense. I don't care how gifted a passer you are, that recipe is not going to be very successful in the league and is certainly not worth the #3 overall.

A lot of basketball guys, not your average Joe’s like me really do like Ball and believe that he is the most talented and has the highest ceiling. I would rather have Ball than a soon to be 33 yo Russell Westbrook.

15 minutes ago, scratched said:

Draft Ball, and trade Rozier and Bridges to OKC for Adams... 

You do not trade Bridges. Rozier and Zeller should get it done. 

Edited by TikTOK

31 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

No one plays defense anymore in the NBA. So, disagree. 

13 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

A lot of basketball guys, not your average Joe’s like me really do like Ball and believe that he is the most talented and has the highest ceiling. I would rather have Ball than a soon to be 33 yo Russell Westbrook.

Agreed on the Westbrook point considering his contract.

11 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

Agreed on the Westbrook point considering his contract.

I wouldn’t mind his contract if he was at least 30 yo but Russ his fixing to turn 33. He’s also a guy that takes 40 shots a game. This last season was the most exciting I’ve been because of the young guys’ potential. Keep it young and go after the vets later when we are able to clear these bad contracts. 

23 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

You do not trade for Adams.. period

What is it specifically you don't like? He becomes UFA after this season. If he stinks it up, you let him go. 

26 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Can't stand ball. If they pick him, I will continue my hornets boycott this year

I rather have Ball so we won’t make the move for Russell at PG.