Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
nctarheelreincarnated

NBA Draft Thread 11/18 8 PM EST ESPN. Post your rumors, picks, opinions, etc here.

4 minutes ago, scratched said:

What is it specifically you don't like? He becomes UFA after this season. If he stinks it up, you let him go. 

Well, if Adams is an UFA then you definitely do not add Miles in the package. That would just be stupid.

• Pie 1

We are sitting at #3 trying to figure how the first two picks are going to play out. We are guaranteed Edwards, Wiseman or Ball. At this point, I’ll be very happy with whichever one we do get. All I want is for us to stay put. I don’t not want any trades involving future picks or any of our young players like Miles and Monk. I love Miles and still believe in Monk. Some guys just take a couple years to finally get going. Look at Kelly Oubre and others in the past. Oubre finally got it in his 5th year. If the Wizards could go back and not trade him, they would. Monk is still only 22, a month older than Bridges and 6 months older than PJ. Graham exploded last season but he’s 25. 

Edited by TikTOK
  • Pie 1

All three have flaws.

Edwards is lazy, currently out of shape and just had an interview where he says he doesn't love basketball. Huge red flags if you ask me. 

Wiseman is slow laterally and will get torched on the perimeter which means you can't play him to close games or in the playoffs as teams will just take their center out of the game or play someone who can shoot. Also a big red flag.

Ball is weak physically and has a subpar shot form. I feel like both of those can be fixed with years of NBA training, so my money is on Ball to be the best out of the three. Defense will be fine because of his length and size, he'll put forth the effort when it matters. I also trust reports that Ball has been training all year on tightening his shot and he loves basketball.

I think Wiseman makes it to 3 and we draft him though.

Edited by amcoolio
  • Pie 2

We all assume we take which of the 3 drops to us but don’t count out the Hornets to botch this up by taking a wildcard lol

If we take Ball I maybe call the Knicks about 8 for Rozier and some seconds.

Edited by Shocker

Banking my money on Toppin being the best player out this draft. 

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

Banking my money on Toppin being the best player out this draft. 

I've actually watched him play and he is legit. He is much older and plays with a better understanding of the game than the young guys. He can contribute immediately. Would not hate it if Hornets traded down and picked him. 

After seeing the comments from Edwards...HARD pass on him. Not to mention the rumored Benihana story, he may be a legit idiot. 

• Beer 1

I do not follow the Hornets that closely, but I was reading the comments here--it sure looks like they might trade the pick and move back a few spots, based on the comments.  Just a hunch.

Edited by MHS831

34 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

I might have to turn in my fan card if this happens.  And that's saying something, having stuck with them through the Bobcat years.

Still prefer Wiseman I think, but coming around on Ball.  He at least has elite skills in some areas, just hope he improves in the others. 

35 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Ugg.  So fuggin tired of us being a fuggin laughing stock.  STAY AT THREE and fuggin pick idiots

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I've actually watched him play and he is legit. He is much older and plays with a better understanding of the game than the young guys. He can contribute immediately. Would not hate it if Hornets traded down and picked him. 

Older rookies tend to be more ready to contribute in the NBA. Look at our very own Devonte Graham. He exploded last season in his 2nd year. Monk who is younger but was drafted a year earlier is still trying to figure it out in the NBA. Age is always a knock on a prospect. If it was the NFL, yes I would’ve probably pass on someone (Brandon Weeden, Chris Weinke). In the NBA, I’m taking Draymond Green over some young intriguing kid.