Carolina Huddle

Jeremy Igo

Best Thanksgiving dinner side?

As the best holiday of the year, Thanksgiving, quickly approaches, I am curious as to what the huddle's favorite side is?

For me, it's stuffing. Crispy on the edges, moist in the middle.

• Pie 5

Sweet potato casserole.

I used to like stuffing until I got the flu on Christmas when I was 16. Now I can't eat stuffing without wanting to hurl. Makes me sad. 

• Beer 2

Lot to be said for a well-made green bean casserole. Lots of flavor and adding a few water chestnuts can add some satisfying crunch.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

im baking thanksgiving dinner for my parents this year. i'm not telling them what im going to do

im seriously considering building a thanksgiving po' boy bar/slab/option thing. i was leaning towards a turkey sandwich bar with fresh turkey, but i saw that in wapo and it looks amazing

basically a po boy on fresh baked bread with turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

im baking thanksgiving dinner for my parents this year. i'm not telling them what im going to do

im seriously considering building a thanksgiving po' boy bar/slab/option thing. i was leaning towards a turkey sandwich bar with fresh turkey, but i saw that in wapo and it looks amazing

basically a po boy on fresh baked bread with turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Lots of people already doing exactly what you described with leftover after Thanksgiving. Don't make Thanksgiving itself like leftovers day.

• Pie 3

For the longest time it was stuffing, until I started doing Thanksgiving with my girlfriend's family.  Her mother makes this corn casserole dish.  I can't really tell you what it's comprised of, but I can tell you that it is fugging fantastic.

Stuffing, then followed closely by deviled eggs. If my wife asks, though, its always her mac and cheese. Depending on my mood deviled eggs move into 1st some times. 

Pennsylvania dutch potato stuffing.

I usually don't use the egg or bread cubes instead opting for half a bag of peppridge farm stuffing mix. I like bacon in mime also. You get the creaminess of mashed potatoes and the flavoring of regular stuffing without being so dry.

Do people still not know the difference between stuffing and dressing?

Hont- if something is stuffed inside the bird...

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, cookinbrak said:

Do people still not know the difference between stuffing and dressing?

Hont- if something is stuffed inside the bird...

Most folks don't stuff the bird due to concerns about being underdone.

https://www.npr.org/2013/11/26/247336038/dont-stuff-the-turkey-and-other-tips-from-americas-test-kitchen#:~:text=On not stuffing your turkey&text=The problem is%2C when you,going to eat the stuffing.