Carolina Huddle

1 hour ago, Ted Ginn Jr.'s Hands said:

Washington is the most important game left, if we win that, we could be on the outside looking in when we try to get a QB in the draft.  

Don’t sleep on Denver, Minnesota and Detroit. All 3 could easily take a QB. Lock hasn’t shown he’s the future, Cousins and Stafford are what they are. Stafford has a decent out after 2020. $24M in dead cap but with a rookie QB they’d save $10M in 2021 and a ton in 2022-2025. Cousins is pretty well locked in to playing in 2021 but he’s not the answer and he’s got $35M in non-guaranteed new money in 2022. Get a rookie ready behind Cousins in 2021 and save $35M in cap space in 2022 and a ton the next 3 years as well.

I think Minnesota is playing well enough to beat us and win some more games but Detroit could easily move away from Stafford and Denver from Lock. That becomes a worry for us if we beat them.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Can you forfeit in the NFL? I’d bet the Cardinals would take us up on that in a heartbeat. SD wouldn’t and I’m not sure about Atlanta.

Sure you can. But per the rules agreed upon for this season, all your players lose their paychecks for that game.

Something tells me that proposal might not fly.

19 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Don’t sleep on Denver, Minnesota and Detroit. All 3 could easily take a QB. Lock hasn’t shown he’s the future, Cousins and Stafford are what they are. Stafford has a decent out after 2020. $24M in dead cap but with a rookie QB they’d save $10M in 2021 and a ton in 2022-2025. Cousins is pretty well locked in to playing in 2021 but he’s not the answer and he’s got $35M in non-guaranteed new money in 2022. Get a rookie ready behind Cousins in 2021 and save $35M in cap space in 2022 and a ton the next 3 years as well.

I think Minnesota is playing well enough to beat us and win some more games but Detroit could easily move away from Stafford and Denver from Lock. That becomes a worry for us if we beat them.

If Denver is ready to move on from Lock, that's gotta be it for Elway. He's thrown a ton of resources at QB and nothing has panned out. Can't trust him to take another swing there.

Jets give:

First round pick.

Panthers give:

Teddy B

First round pick

Second round pick

Assuming we finish 3 or 4. 

Edited by Varking

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Jets give:

First round pick.

Panthers give:

Teddy B

First round pick

Second round pick

Why in hell would they do that?

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Why in hell would they do that?

Because they are the Jets. Why the hell would they give Bell that contract? Why the hell won’t they surround Darnold with offensive weapons to help him out? Why haven’t they fired Gase yesterday? 

The answer is : It’s the Jets. If it were somebody else you’d have to throw in next years first. 

Just now, Varking said:

Because they are the Jets. Why the hell would they give Bell that contract? Why the hell won’t they surround Darnold with offensive weapons to help him out? Why haven’t they fired Gase yesterday? 

The answer is : It’s the Jets. If it were somebody else you’d have to throw in next years first. 

Trevor Lawrence is going to take at least 3 firsts and multiple lower picks and the Jets still will not do it

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Trevor Lawrence is going to take at least 3 firsts and multiple lower picks and the Jets still will not do it

If somebody offered me three ones to drop down from 1 to 3 I’m trading the first pick away. 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

If somebody offered me three ones to drop down from 1 to 3 I’m trading the first pick away. 

Not this year.  TL is just that good

21 hours ago, Zod said:

Now all we need to do is go back and unwin those 3 wins. 

those wins could have easily been loses 

20 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I mean he is one of the best QB prospects I have seen in a while but Luck was too and that didn't exactly go the way the Colts wanted it to. I believe he will be a good NFL QB. Do I think he will be Wilson/Mahomes good? Eh....not sure about that.

There are no guarantees, that is for sure. 

luck was amazing but he got hurt other than that he was a great qb 

21 hours ago, NAS said:

I know this is not a popular opinion, but I would trade all my draft picks to move up to #1 and get him. We laughed at the Falcons when they did it for Julio, but Lawrence is even more reason to do it.

facts worked out wonders for them 

16 hours ago, Varking said:

imagine getting that for Lawerence.....and then drafting Fields.   That would be bonkers. 

7 minutes ago, Mister said:

luck was amazing but he got hurt other than that he was a great qb 

I’m not sure what they mean by didn’t work out for them. Didn’t they go from #1 pick to playoffs? They were a playoff team in 4 of his 6 years. If not for an odd injury they would likely have been a playoff team all but one year he was there. 

16 hours ago, Varking said:

Jets give:

First round pick.

Panthers give:

Teddy B

First round pick

Second round pick

If we're at pick three or four, we'd be in position to get one of the other top rated quarterbacks and not have to give up anything.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

If we're at pick three or four, we'd be in position to get one of the other top rated quarterbacks and not have to give up anything.

If it’s not Fields or Lawrence, I’m not in love with it.