Carolina Huddle

TikTOK

2020 NBA Free Agency

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Hornets bringing back Biz.. hopefully on the cheap

Dude better be ultra cheap

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Tatum just got a 5 yr $195 extension from Boston 

think about that when you whine about haywoods deal....and bringing in a superstar free agent to Charlotte 

That’s only 9 million a year more for Tatum than Hayward. And it’s a year longer contract for a younger and better player. Boston got a better deal. 

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

That’s only 9 million a year more for Tatum than Hayward. And it’s a year longer contract for a younger and better player. Boston got a better deal. 

If we do indeed stretch waive Batum, its actually the exact same amount for the next 3 years.  But as many have said, perhaps 30M+ is the premium that must be paid to get lesser stars to come to Charlotte, period.

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

Well yeah..

Would I rather have Tatum for $39mil -OR- Hayward for $30mil - obviously I go with the Tatum option.

But would I rather have Hayward at $30mil -OR- Batum decaying on the bench with the hopes we can throw $30mil @ year at someone else next year and they accept it.. i think I take Hayward.. it is all about if you believe we could get a star in FA next year or hope we get a star in next year's draft.. it's a roll of the dice and playing the odds.. the odds are much higher in our favor with Hayward, i believe.. if you argue the odds are better that we let Batum expire and we try in FA or stink enough to get a good draft pick - I won't knock you - I think it could be amazing.. but it could land us with MKG 2.0 and 8 more years of irrelevancy..

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

If we do indeed stretch waive Batum, its actually the exact same amount for the next 3 years.  But as many have said, perhaps 30M+ is the premium that must be paid to get lesser stars to come to Charlotte, period.

That is my thought as well.  We can have all the cap in the world but a top 10 player in the NBA isn't signing here in FA as it stand now, if ever.

That said...we needed a wing scorer and Hayward could be great in that role.  This dude has to stay healthy or we are screwed.  I wouldn’t have done this but the folks saying we barely make the playoffs is premature IMO.  Miami just played for the ship and they were far from a juggernaut