Carolina Huddle

Dan Morgan, last time I looked several years ago, I believe only played in like 59 out of 128 of the regular season games he was a Panther.

Never played a full 16-game season.

20 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Now that he is on our scouting staff.  I hope he will find a player that plays like him.  It might be a 3rd or 4th rounder that he puts his two cents in and we select a good linebacker.

You know there are many young kids playing football that want to be like Luke.

Here's to Luke finding a gem in later rounds. :)

Luke isn't a college scout he's a pro scout. His focus is trying to find players already in the league. But I'm not saying he isn't watching college players that they believe is going to declare for the draft. And if he has a opinion about a college player they'd be crazy not to listen Luukkee!

53 minutes ago, razorwolf said:

Luke isn't a college scout he's a pro scout. His focus is trying to find players already in the league. But I'm not saying he isn't watching college players that they believe is going to declare for the draft. And if he has a opinion about a college player they'd be crazy not to listen Luukkee!

Gotchat but I would imagine that after the season is over Luke will be involved in reviewing tape on potential players for this team.

22 hours ago, CRA said:

pretty crazy stat actually given they played in the same game. 

1.  Morgan

2. Minter

t3. Witherspoon

NFL and teams also count stats different.  NFL technically gives Morgan 18.  Panthers give him 25. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/most-tackles-super-bowl#slide-13

Mike Minters. Hmm never heard of him. 

23 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

MLB is such a violent position.  Both had their careers cut short due to concussion.

We've been fortunate to have many.  Sam Mills, Morgan, Beason and the greatest of them all.  Luke Kuechly.

I would say Dan and Luke were on another level than Beason. He was good but the other two were game changers. But like you said to play the position right you leave yourself open to injury. 

• Pie 2

23 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Not even close

You must be too young to understand. Morgen was just as good. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

23 minutes ago, Snake said:

You must be too young to understand. Morgen was just as good. 

Nope, I've been a fan since the beginning.  Morgan was good, but Luke was a once in a generation type talent.  I would put Morgan and Beason in the same conversation.

7 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Nope, I've been a fan since the beginning.  Morgan was good, but Luke was a once in a generation type talent.  I would put Morgan and Beason in the same conversation.

Neither Luke nor Dan will be HOF so they both are on the same level.  Sam Mills was our only generational talent and True HOF MLB. People forget how good we have had it throughout the years. 

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Neither Luke nor Dan will be HOF so they both are on the same level.  Sam Mills was our only generational talent and True HOF MLB. People forget how good we have had it throughout the years. 

I see, at first I thought you were over valuing Morgan when really you are under valuing Luke

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Snake said:

10-1 Luke is a first ballot inductee. 

• Pie 3

If we decided to not draft a QB or a LT I want us to take Micah Parsons and during the signing or his rookie contract make so for his rookie year he must live and study film with Luke. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

I think Luke is a lot like Beason and Morgan put together. Jon was an extremely smart player, probably just as smart as Luke was but 59 had intangible instincts and superior athletic ability  that set him apart. Morgan was a field general and was a damn near copy of Luke, just more violent and less of a "QB of the defense", still able to audible the defense but not the level Luke could.

I disagree with Snake though. Luke is a first ballot HOF. He is objectively top 3-4 MLB to ever play.

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 4

Bet he gets that itch to play again next season and asks to be traded to Seattle or Pittsburgh. 

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Dan....

347C023C-1D27-4321-BD4E-3E4EB979ED10.jpeg

92A9B86D-1741-4CB4-BBC7-8F7E698A6F78.jpeg

• Pie 1