Carolina Huddle

electro's horse

That's probably it for Greg Olsen

Greg will retire here. 

It was a great career. Wish the 2016 on years would have been better for him here, but one of the all time Panthers.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

So based on your stance, Steve Smith and Julius Peppers shouldn't have honors with the Panthers?

Peppers yes. He finished out here. As I recall has a position of some sort in the office.

Smitty no. The breakup was bad. His comments toward the team after were also bad.  He did great work. Tons of respect for what he did here not only on the field but off. But no, as I said in my opinion players that do not finish out here career here do not deserve such honors.

Luckily for many, my opinion means nothing. It's cool.

Honestly, Olsen has a legit shot at a gold jacket.  If we don't put him in the RoH we're dumb.

All time receiving yards by a TE:

image.png.03d43bdb863f355eb8e750a2d3a3062b.png

Bearing in mind he was doing this while TE was still transitioning from the old school block first to the newer paradigm where a TE needs to be a threat in the pass game.  Olsen did both, and did them pretty well.  He has a shot.

Sign him to a 1 day contract, put him in the RoH.  Between Olsen, Pep, Smitty and Luke we've got four guys with legit HoF shots.

4 hours ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Sorry to hear that. Super awesome guy and a great role model.  Honor at a game for sure. But statues and rings are a bit much IMO for ANY player that didn't finish out their last years with us.

I agree, what say you about a Luke statue?

1 hour ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Peppers yes. He finished out here. As I recall has a position of some sort in the office.

Smitty no. The breakup was bad. His comments toward the team after were also bad.  He did great work. Tons of respect for what he did here not only on the field but off. But no, as I said in my opinion players that do not finish out here career here do not deserve such honors.

Luckily for many, my opinion means nothing. It's cool.

Peppers leaving was way worse than Smith. 

Smith got cut out of fuging nowhere because gettleman thought he was mean to Cam. 

Peppers intentionally nuked his own trade value after turning down the largest defensive contract in nfl history because he had an under the table deal with the bears. He made sure the Panthers couldn't get anything for him by declaring there was only like 3 or 4 mystery teams he'd sign an extension with, and that he wouldn't play anything except a standup rush OLB. 

5 hours ago, bull123 said:

Love him & TD....big mistake when Marty gave them new deals

we all knew greg wouldn’t make it thru this yr

there are several guys he can replace at Fox...just a matter of time before he is better than aikman 

Marty gives out a lot of those 

he needs to be gone 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Sign him for a 1 day contract to retire a panther if he wants?

Yep! 

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It would be nice if they team him up on Panther games. Seems like when we have a fox game (most of the time) It's the same crew.

Down at this end of the rankings and market share, you get the same crew week after week. We might just end up with Greg in his first year or two.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sorry, some things are just unforgiveable. Vick can die in a fire. I'd light the match.

This is trash

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

6 hours ago, electro's horse said:

ruptured plantar fascia last night

not a career ender per se, but definitely something that's going to take a while to come back from, it's another foot injury, it's the kind of thing that's easily REinjured, and he has tons of offers waiting for him. Gotta think he voicemails from Fox studios on his phone this morning. 

So what do we do? 

Sign him for a 1 day contract to retire a panther if he wants?

Honor him before a game/at halftime?

Statue?

Ring? 

really gonna miss his 3rd leg 

Honestly one of my fave Panthers ever, sucks he got hurt his last few years here. Elite player when we was on 

I saw the play last night when it happened.  Not contact related, so I assumed it was bad.  I thought it was a ruptured Achilles' at the time.  I've seen a few plays in my life when careers ended, and this just looked like one of them.

I hope he winds up in the broadcast booth.  Having somebody who understand the game there always makes it more enjoyable. 

Unlike last night, when they were complaining about the Cardinals challenge with about 2-1/2 minutes to go (on a fumble recovery), saying they were going to waste a valuable timeout.  Uh, guys, there are about 2-1/2 minutes to go, down by 4, Seattle in FG range, about to face a third and 17, and it was the Cards first timeout....don't you think they might have wanted to call that timeout, anyway?  This way, they not only stop the clock but give the replay a chance to screw up, in their favor, the call that was correct on the field.

They never did figure that one out, at least that I heard.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Defending what that guy did in any way is trash.

Obviously but no one actually tries to defend what he did, they try to give him credit for legitimately turning his life around and ppl try to score social desserts by saying he deserves the death penalty or other insane poo like that despite him giving back to his community. Thas some cynical, shallow trash too, and it clearly isn't about justice for animals

Edited by ImaginaryKev
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Obviously but no one actually tries to defend what he did, they try to give him credit for legitimately turning his life around and ppl try to score social desserts by saying he deserves the death penalty or other insane poo like that despite him giving back to his community. Thas some cynical, shallow trash too, and it clearly isn't about justice for animals

Bullshit it isn't. Read into it whatever you want. Anyone who did what he did... fug 'em. I don't care if they "turn their life around" afterwards or not. Fug 'em. Fug anyone who defends them.