Carolina Huddle

Mr. Scot

BYU QB Coach: NFL teams very interested in Wilson

Take Wilson with a top 10 pick?...no thanks.

I’d rather let the QBs go and give up the capital to move up 1-2 spots and draft arguable the best LT to come out in almost a decade.

20 hours ago, saX man said:

To be fair this is saying 32 of 32 have called Wilson.  Scouts are swarming like bees. 

To be fair, this literally said: “I think it was just about every team,” 

So this is my comment, not from the clip.

Some parts are promising and also a few red flags. Someone here said he goes through all his reads. Not in this tape.

Also, I am not so sure about the anticipation that JT Sullivan is talking about. Sure, Wilson seem to be able to do it, but sometimes he is also forcing the ball when his wr have not won his match up. So how much is it anticipation or is it forcing the ball out because his team mates often win their match ups anyway. 

The athletic ability seems to be there, some questions about the mental aspect. The OC seems to do a good job also, getting players open. 

On 11/21/2020 at 5:23 AM, PantherPhann89 said:

To be fair, this literally said: “I think it was just about every team,” 

Okie sly pants mcgee

Hard pass. I'd rather stock the OL and wait to get a QB next season. He is not top 10 talent. 

On 11/20/2020 at 11:37 PM, onmyown said:

Take Wilson with a top 10 pick?...no thanks.

I’d rather let the QBs go and give up the capital to move up 1-2 spots and draft arguable the best LT to come out in almost a decade.

Considering the long list of 1st round bust OTs over the past decade, it wouldn't exactly be a massive accomplishment. It's interesting that most of the best OTs over the last 15 years or so have been viewed as second or third tier prospects.

2 minutes ago, Zod said:

Hard pass. I'd rather stock the OL and wait to get a QB next season. He is not top 10 talent. 

If I knew we'd be in a position to make a run at Sam Howell I'd agree. I like Wilson, but the lack of competition definitely concerns me. I doubt it bothers professional talent evaluators but it makes it a tougher evaluation as a fan.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

If I knew we'd be in a position to make a run at Sam Howell I'd agree. I like Wilson, but the lack of competition definitely concerns me. I doubt it bothers professional talent evaluators but it makes it a tougher evaluation as a fan.

Professional talent evaluators pick busts at QBs every season. This sees like a flash in the pan guy to me that some team will reach on because they are desperate at QB. Hope it ain't us. 

2 minutes ago, Zod said:

Professional talent evaluators pick busts at QBs every season. This sees like a flash in the pan guy to me that some team will reach on because they are desperate at QB. Hope it ain't us. 

They do, but they pick plenty of them from major programs. I don't think the lack of competition has anything to do with the mis-evaluation.

36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Considering the long list of 1st round bust OTs over the past decade, it wouldn't exactly be a massive accomplishment. It's interesting that most of the best OTs over the last 15 years or so have been viewed as second or third tier prospects.

I do not trust Hurney in later rounds. And I really think Sewell is special. The only college guy to show him up a couple times was our very own D. Brown. And even then, he did well, and that’s impressive. He has been more impressive than any of those first round busts over the last decade was my point. He has little to no weaknesses unlike past top OTs.

It’s hard because I do trust Hurney with first round picks, he’s iffy on olineman but I’d refer to his judgment. If he thinks he’s a top grade I’d rather give a little to move up for him than a lot for a qb who will come in to start behind the 8th or 9th LT to start for us in 3 years.

The only grey area here is sitting a guy to learn, but when you give up capital for a top QB there just isn’t any room to build around him with no capital and Hurney making the picks. There are just too many holes to give up a lot IMO.

Edited by onmyown

3 hours ago, onmyown said:

I do not trust Hurney in later rounds. And I really think Sewell is special. The only college guy to show him up a couple times was our very own D. Brown. And even then, he did well, and that’s impressive. He has been more impressive than any of those first round busts over the last decade was my point. He has little to no weaknesses unlike past top OTs.

It’s hard because I do trust Hurney with first round picks, he’s iffy on olineman but I’d refer to his judgment. If he thinks he’s a top grade I’d rather give a little to move up for him than a lot for a qb who will come in to start behind the 8th or 9th LT to start for us in 3 years.

The only grey area here is sitting a guy to learn, but when you give up capital for a top QB there just isn’t any room to build around him with no capital and Hurney making the picks. There are just too many holes to give up a lot IMO.

Sewell is the guy I want if we can’t snag Fields. 

3 hours ago, Zod said:

Their offense didn’t drop much last night with the backup in either despite just trying to kill the clock.